At Microsoft, we aim to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more — and we empower our employees the same way. We build on the work of others and invite them to build onto ours, always striving for ways to make great ideas even better.
Premier Field Engineer – Active Directory
Travel is a full part of the role and may be as high as 70% (3-4 days a week), mainly across the Middle-East and Africa depending on customer needs and locations.
To provide Onsite Support Services and Incident Prevention Services to Microsoft
Premier Customers. Build very successful relationships with your customer through the delivery of a high-quality technical engagement in a specific technology area. Delivery of an excellent service is essential to promoting the Onsite services as the most customer focused offering available. The engagements may be short-term demand-led or longer term engagements with a dedicated customer.
Team/ Department Mission
As part of the Customer Service and Support (CSS) the Premier Filed Engineering Services organization delivers Rapid Onsite Support Services and Incident Prevention Services to MS Enterprise customers. The PFE engineers help Premier customers during the “operate” and “improve” phase of the MS product usage. The Support Service can be proactive for workshop and SKU service delivery and reactive as well as response on critical situations. Increase service availability for Microsoft’s Enterprise Customers by providing proactive support consulting in a specific product or Technology area.
- Use an adequate technical expertise in troubleshooting to support reactive cases.
- Deliver proactive onsite support and knowledge transfer to the customer.
- Drive on preventing incidents during your customer visits.
- Deliver SKU services and customized workshops.
- Drive high customer satisfaction on GTSC support incidents.
- Maintain deep knowledge of latest products and configurations of Enterprise Customers by continuously increasing technical knowledge.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Deliver technical workshops, presentations and documents.
- Maintain your accreditations.
- Collaborate with Microsoft teams to deliver a high quality service.
- Work with Microsoft support engineers using knowledge of your customer’s environment to accelerate problem resolution.
- Manage customer expectations and deliver a service in line with contractual obligations.
- Develop and deliver new services to exceed customer expectations.
- Take responsibility for the Microsoft engagement and your own self development.
Work within Microsoft account teams on strategic customer deployments which may extend outside business hours.
Key Success Criteria
- Achievement of personal and team objectives.
- Customer and account team feedback.
- Ongoing feedback through appraisals:
Regular 1:1s with team manager.
Yearly formal review.
Alignment with Microsoft values.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Face-to-face customer engagement skills.
- At least 2 years experience supporting Enterprise customers with.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong English .
- Awareness of corporate environments and their business requirements.
- Experience with MS Windows 2000 and/or 2003 servers.
- Understanding of the following technologies is desirable.
- MS Cluster services; Terminal services, networking technologies.
Platforms – Active Directory
Active Directory Premier Field Engineers should be experienced in implementing, operating, tuning and troubleshooting enterprise Windows Active Directory Enterprise Solutions.
While our key relationships are typically with our customers’ 3rd / 4th line Windows infrastructure support teams, Active Directory Premier Field Engineers will also find themselves working with engineering teams, so need to be confident working at this level.
The Active Directory role requires depth knowledge in a number of the following technologies / areas
Active Directory Services.
Active Directory replication and performance Skills.
Strong Active Directory Troubleshooting Skills And Experience.
Experience in Active Directory Disaster Recovery.
Group Policies implementation and design and troubleshooting.
Security and Administration of the Active Directory environment.
Fundamental networking knowledge – IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, routing etc.
- Demonstrated aptitude for providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong team participant and involvement in team workload and activities.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Open and respectful with others.
- Willing to take on big challenges.
- Passion for customers, partners and technology.
- Accountable for commitments, results and quality.
- Self-critical, questioning and committed to personal excellence.
- MCSE certification or job experience.
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience.
- ITIL/Service Management experience or 3rd level support experience.
Special Requirements/Additional Information E.g. Language Skills
- The majority of time will be spent on customer sites.
- Therefore the following requirements are essential :
- Full driving license
- Ability to travel
- At least 4 days per week at customer site.
- Availability to work outside of business hours when required as agreed on before. Apply