IRD Pakistan Jobs October 2018
IRD Pakistan, New Job Opportunity (Phelobotomist)
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting household visits with study team, taking consents and perform blood collection. S/he will also be reporting daily blood collection progress and updates through maintaining study logs in coordination with lab.
- Collect participant information and data into project database using mobile phone and paper forms
- Prepare Daily Field Reports and participate in daily debriefing
- Collect blood samples efficiently and follow proper storage procedure
- Document details of blood samples collected daily and discuss with study team
- Coordinate with lab personnel for smooth running and storage of samples
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSA)
- Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery
- Should be familiar with handling mobile phones and have clinical skills that include training in capillary blood collection.
- Operating mobile devices
- Good communication skills
To Apply Please visit the link www.ird.global/careers/ or Email CV at [email protected]
IRD Pakistan (Position Title: Research Associate – Field)
JOB PURPOSE: The incumbent will directly be in charge of the community engagement for the endTB clinical trial. A key focus of this position will be to develop broad-based sustained local support in the community as well as to create connections and coordinate activities with the local Community Advisory Groups (CAGs) and the trial Community Advisory Board (CAB). The incumbent will ensure effective communication between the CAGs and the community at large, while also relaying information between the CAGs and CAB. The incumbent will also be present at CAG and CAB meetings to ensure effective communication and facilitate as and when necessary.
Programmatic responsibilities (40% of time):
- Writing and finalization of visit reports.
- Developing a tailor made training module for the Community Advisory Groups (CAGs)
- Implementing the training module in the field.
- Develop scheduled and ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Create terms of reference, training and orientation materials
- Develop and implement training for CAG members
- Communicate with organizations to share ideas for creating and maintaining the mission of the trial
- Assist in recruitment and organization of the CAB
- Coordinate CAB meetings and maintain terms of reference being met
- Serve as a bridge between the CAB and CAG
- Prepare any necessary documentation required such as minutes of meeting, summaries of community meetings, collecting data from community meetings etc.
- Act as the main contact person for communication between the community and the trial team
- Organize regular update meetings with the trial and Community Engagement Centre team
Field responsibilities (60% of time):
- Day-to-day oversight and management of the Community Advisory Groups.
- Under supervision of the Site Study Coordinator and the Community Engagement Centre (CEC):
- Develop effective mechanisms to identify and engage volunteers for the CAG
- Identifying community influencers to support in the creation of the CAGs
- Strategize recruitment of volunteers for the CAG
- Lead and facilitate CAG members
- Recognize CAG volunteers’ contributions
- Participate in and facilitate trainings of the health workers on the community engagement process relevant for the trial
- Support the trial team with any other tasks assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSA):
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Sociology or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in the related field
- Practical experience in the implementation and coordination of community/ field level activities as well as management of community groups
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Able to work well with diverse ethnic group
- Able to travel to different locations in Karachi for community meetings, training’s and management
- Knowledge and understanding of qualitative research methods
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
To apply please visit the link www.ird.global/job/research-associate-field/ or Email CV at [email protected]