Dnata Jobs Training Manager
Job description: With you on board, we can be the world’s most admired air services provider. Our diverse, global teams have this vision at heart. Every day we’re defining new levels of service for our customers. We do this by working closely with employees and suppliers, putting safety at the heart of everything we do. With your talent, passion and big ideas, and our industry-leading performance, we can flourish. We can be the world’s most admired air services provider.
Job Purpose: Manage, lead and implement learning strategies based on business and operational needs of Gerry’s dnata. Provide timely, flexible and innovative learning solutions which are aligned to regulatory requirements, department objectives, business targets/KPIs and dnata’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Design and develop short and medium term learning strategies that incorporates generic and specific skills and knowledge while ensuring alignment to set objectives. Review the learning strategy in collaboration with relevant business needs against specified criteria prior to and post implementation.
- Conduct organisational training analysis of current, emerging and future training needs in order to provide line departments with comprehensive training solutions and achieve improvement in the training KPIs.
- Manage the design and development of a cost-effective and innovative training curriculum. Ensure all training programmes incorporate department SOPs and safety implications. Programs must adhere to dnata Training Policy and Procedures, the requirements of relevant National and International Training standards and the dnata Training Framework.
- Manage and direct the training evaluation activity and monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the training programs and their impact on the workforce capability, and influence on business KPI’s Suggest enhancements or alternatives to training programs for continuous improvements.
- Recruit, develop and manage a core training team within dnata, who are responsible for the design, delivery, and facilitation of training programmes. Continuously develop the dnata training team to ensure they are fully competent in their areas of specialisation and have relevant internationally recognised training qualifications.
- Manage and direct the Training Administration team to effectively support the business department’ initial, recurrent and developmental training needs using the Learning Management System (LMS)/OLM and as laid down in the Training Policy and Procedures. This is to be achieved through providing timely training, monthly training management report and optimal utilisation of recourses.
- Manage and monitor training projects with respect to new processes, procedures, and corporate initiatives in close partnership with business departments and relevant stakeholders such as HR, IT, and Corporate Communications. Identify areas for training business process improvement and use best practices, methodologies, and innovative learning technology to enhance the existing processes.
- Participate in the budgetary planning, monitoring and control for manpower and training resources to ensure that revenue target and costs are managed and maintained as per budget. Execute periodic audit for external billing and reconciliations, and ensure that all expenditure is fully justified and authorised.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Professional qualification in Training and Education / HR (e.g. CIPD/City and Guilds) / Psychology / Organisational development / Technical – Engineering would be preferred.
- Work experience within an Aviation Industry Human Resource/Training environment with experience in a managerial or consultancy capacity, including but not limited to: managing training budgets and controlling costs
- Multi-cultural training delivery environment.
- Project management experience.Knowledge / Skills
- Thorough knowledge of Learning and Development processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of training standards relevant to vocational learning.
- Knowledge of learning principles, theories and contemporary practices of instructional design.
- Excellent communication, verbal, written and presentation skills.