UNDP Internships Aug 2017: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) is one of the most fragile provinces of Pakistan. Against a backdrop of a higher than national average poverty rate, low literacy, limited access to health care and its geo-strategic location has led to the spill over of militancy from the neighboring Afghanistan owing to which the province has been in the grip of violent militancy and subsequent population displacement.. The north-western KP region of Malakand Division can be described as a microcosm of these realities. Military operations in KP and in the adjacent Tribal belt has led to internal displacement of approximately 4 million people in various parts of KP province. Despite these challenges posed by the geo strategic environment of the region and the resultant radicalization, this province has made progress in socio-economic development guided by various development strategies, namely Post Crises Needs Assessment (PCNA), Competitive Growth Strategy (CGS), Integrated Development Strategy (IDS) and Economic Growth Strategy (EGS).
Strengthening Rule of Law Programme (SRLP) of UNDP has been working with the key rule of law stakeholders in KP including the judiciary, Police Department, Local Government Department, Home Department, and civil society organizations for developing the capacity of the justice sector institutions. .
The Strengthening Rule of Law Programme (SRLP) supports both the supply and demand sides of the rule of law through support to justice institutions and citizen rights, deepening ongoing efforts to secure peace and stability in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province. The programme also works with informal justice mechanisms to settle minor civil disputes at the community level, while helping to create forums for dialogue between the formal and informal systems.
Under the supervision of Programme Manager and M&E Officer of SRLP, the Intern will assist SRLP team, particularly in M&E activities.
Location : Peshawar, PAKISTAN
Application Deadline : 07-Aug-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 2d 23h 0m
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required :English Starting Date :(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 15-Aug-2017
Duration of Initial Contract : 10 Weeks
Expected Duration of Assignment : 10 Weeks
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in administering and managing the facilitation of SRLP activities
- Prepare documents and analyze innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Support planning and monitoring of SRLP, tracking use of financial resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Support coordination of specific monitoring and evaluation missions and data collection from the Programme’s beneficiaries and counterparts.
- Support research activities of the project.
- Seeks, shares and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Good command of written and spoken English is essential.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Self-development, initiative taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
Bacherlor/Master’sDegree in Development Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or related field.
Currently enrolled in undergraduate/graduate programme at a university
Fluency in English, Urdu and Pashtu is required.
Applications should include following:
- Updated Resume
- Motivation letter
- Letter from respective university for internship
- School transcript Apply