Geco Eastern Pvt Limited Jobs August 2020
Geco Eastern (Pvt.) Limited is a established services company engaged in the business of construction and Supplies. We’re looking for Account with 3-5 years of experience in working and managing finance and accounts department of a medium to small sized entity with at least one year of experience in independently managing or leading the finance and accounts functions. This position will be reporting to the GM directly.
Accountant is primarily responsible for controlling financial operations and maintaining books of accounts in compliance with regulatory/ accounting framework, ensuring timelines and accuracy of financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with finance and accounting policies and procedures approved by the management.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation on monthly basis for all bank accounts.
- Preparation of cheques and payment vouchers and ensuring that complete supporting documents are attached before payment processing.
- Checking quantities and prices of invoices received with
- Purchase Orders/contracts and Goods Receipt Note.
- Designing appropriate chart of accounts to ensure availability of relevant accounting information for internal and external reporting/analysis.
- Checking budgets before entering into commitments and payment processing.
- Deduction of income tax on payments at appropriate rate or obtaining tax exemption certificate in case of exempt suppliers and deposit thereof on timely basis.
- Monthly invoicing to clients and preparation of related documentation
- Follow up of accounts receivables and coordinating with distributors for timely recovery.
- Preparation of monthly payroll, bank advice and pay slips to be shared to employees.
- Preparation of monthly performance reports and budget versus actual analysis.
- Timely submission of tax statements/returns.
- Maintain and update of asset/inventory, its files and records.
- Preparation of regulatory returns in compliance with local laws/regulations.
- Liaise with external auditors for timely conduct of statutory audits.
- Maintenance of appropriate documentation and backups e.g. vouchers, regular backups of accounting software etc.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual management reports and supporting analysis for Management team.
- Ensure that financial statements are prepared as per applicable IAS/IFRS.
- Perform periodic reconciliation of asset records with general ledger.
- Arranging insurance for fixed assets/inventory.