Citi Bank Pakistan Jobs Legal Counsel
Position Objective: Providing ongoing legal advice and support to Citi Pakistan franchise in relation to a broad range of issues and disputes of varying significance and complexity in order to manage efficiently the associated legal, regulatory, financial and franchise risks.
Providing Legal Support And/or Oversight On
- Legal and Regulatory matters, including without limitation on banking law, company law, foreign exchange law, competition law, contract law, labour law, IP law, Civil Procedure Code etc.
- Employment matters
- General commercial and contracting including procurement, real estate
- Registration and enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights
- IT e.g. services contracts;
- Litigation and other contentious and non-contentious matters
- Support on Compliance-related matter such as AML, regulatory audits, interpretation of regulatory requirements, laws, regulations circulars etc.
- Matters assigned to external counsels
- Limitation of legal, franchise and regulatory risk.
- Managing governance and franchise matters and regulatory relationships
- Regulatory and local law updates to the management and colleagues in the division and region
- Managing legal costs and external legal fees
- Review of standard documentation against policy, business local legal and regulatory requirements
- Identifying and communicating legal trends, changes in laws and the risks that may affect the business
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- LLB (Hons.) or equivalent from well-reputed local or Foreign University.
- Post-Graduate qualification such as BVC, LPC, LLM, etc.
- Licensed Member of a Bar Council / Licensed Advocate
- Should have at least 4-5 years of experience working in a corporate law firm and/or in-house. Banking and finance background and knowledge is preferred but not essential.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Apply