Mobilink Microfinance Bank: Mobilink Bank provides employment opportunities that are challenging, rewarding and helps one grow. Our culture of openness, friendliness and commitment to excellence makes us a company worth working for. At Mobilink Bank, you get an opportunity to work with one of the finest professionals working together as a team to help people get easy access to financial solutions. Our national network of more than 50 branches offers an abundance of career opportunities where you can learn, grow and lead.
Job Title: Verification Officer
Functional Area: Risk Management
Job Type: Contractual
- Pannu Akil
Education: Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable Institution in the fields of Business Administration/Banking & Finance/ Agriculture/Economics/Accounts
Grade: A-1 /A-2
Minimum Experience: Have 2-3 years of credit and / or operations related experience.
No.of Positions: 1
Compliance of Credit Procedures
- Responsible to ensure completeness of loan documents and assessing that each loan application is in compliance with Credit Policy & Procedures and other guidelines circulated from time to time.
- Responsible to ensure that valid and accurate data input is made in credit MIS from source documents related to cash flow & Loan applications.
- Perform other data checks to ensure that applicant is not defaulter of KBL or any other institutions using internal data checks /Credit History Assessment Report/ ECIB (as applicable).
- Ensure to forward cases to RMD on daily basis
Pre-disbursement Borrower’s Verification
- Ensure defined % of borrowers’ verification as per applicable protocols. Major responsibility is to verify credit worthiness, reputation and repayment capacity of the applicant and guarantor based on local knowledge & demographics. It includes verifying genuineness & reliability of information on ILA & group formation and cash flow form.
- Ensuring existence of borrower and guarantor & their businesses (economic activity) through verification of home & business addresses etc. and interacting with applicants / guarantors
- To assess whether borrowers and guarantor know & understand important loan terms, repayment amounts, due date of repayments and guarantee concept and their obligations in case of non-payment.
- To identify Service quality lapses or breach of ethical / professional behavior by sales teams / ROs.
- To identify any severe nature non-compliance during verifications & initiating loan application cancellation.
Reporting, Record/Data Maintenance and System Security
- Ensure adequacy and timeliness of daily / weekly / monthly reports as per schedule & guidelines.
- Maintain related records /data / information, etc as per defined procedures.
- Maintain & secure Credit MIS / files from unauthorized access, programs and use and ensure compliance of IT security policy.
Co-ordination in the Branch
- Coordinate & align activities with branch management to cope with seasonal business fluctuations & credit cases flow.
- Ensure following defined turnaround times for each activity to better client service
- Essential Skills
- Micro Finance Banking experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Negotiation Skills
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills Apply