General Electric GE Power Jobs Lead Engineer Fleet Management
Role Summary: The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As a Lead Engineer Fleet Management, you will be responsible for upholding GE’s product integrity by proactively identifying customer issues, investigating technical anomalies, providing technical assessments at both component as well as systems levels, and communicating GE technical solutions to customers. Specific responsibilities include;
Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures. Escalate issues as required, acting as the liaison between field and design engineering to drive specific technical resolution and to help engineering identify, drive corrective actions
Establish and maintain relationships with customers to make customer technical issues/requirements understood and addressed in a timely manner.
Lead and program manage root cause analysis/investigation activities for product technical issues. Interface with Product Service, System and Design Engineering teams, providing technical leadership to personnel supporting project assigned to resolve customer technical issue.
Hand-on experience on GE products (Turbine, generator, control & electrical systems)
Prepare technical presentations for GE Leaders and Customers ensuring the timely communication of significant issues or developments.
Travel to customer locations to:
- Support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations to champion GE’s commitment technical solution
- Support unplanned/forced outages to meet reliability/availability goals
- Provide commercial teams with technical support for sales and services proposal activities.
- Plan and provide engineering technical oversight to the Contractual Services and Field Services teams during planned outages to meet reliability and availability goals.
- Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance for all new unit installations in the region (Red Flag Review process) during the commissioning phase to meet safety, quality, and timeliness goals.
- Partner with the Design Engineering teams and interface with external and internal suppliers to facilitate the logistical implementation of Fleet Program technical solutions.Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical / Electronics / Controls & Instrumentation)
- 5+ years experience in Installation/Commissioning/Maintenance of GE Turbines either Electrical, Mechanical or Control Systems.
- Strong working knowledge of various GE GT/ST Frames operational philosophy.
- Experience in a matrix leadership environment
- Prior experience in a field engineering or customer service facing role
- Experience working in global, matrix organization & ability to make timely and sound decisions based on data
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Pakistan; Lahore Apply