British American Tobacco BAT Jobs IT Manager SAC: British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
Job Title: Marketing & Senior IT Manager
Reports To: Marketing and Regional IT Manager
Function: Information Technology
Career family Business Unit IT
Location Globally Mobile
PURPOSE STATEMENT: To drive commercial value generation in the assigned function/DRBU using technology as a strategic enabler at the heart of the organisation.
Strategic Scope: Process execution
Reporting Level: Manage Self / Manage others
Geographic Scope:Large Markets / Multiple markets
- Size / strategic importance of geography served
- Breadth / complexity of role (Vendors, functional, application / technical responsibilities)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other functions, ensuring IT has a ‘seat at the table’
- Drive commercial outcomes in line with the strategic priorities proactively using technology as an enabler
- Ensure maximum Return On Investment with the assigned budget
- Full accountability of the execution of the IT strategy in the assigned (market/function)
- Ensure that the IT services and processes are continuously improved, driving simplification, agility and innovation
- Trusted, strategic technology advisor to the business and key point of communications all things IT
- Effective orchestrator and communicator across multiple IT and business function
- Lead and manage virtual BAT resources
- Effective management of demand pipeline
- Business Unit reps (up to and including leadership teams in the business unit)- credible and strong working relationship and keeping up to date with business priorities. Ensuring the business unit user community are represented and considered as part of IT initiatives and that the IT Landscape (business systems and infrastructure) has adequate ownership and direction to meet the business needs
- Marketing Function reps – to gain a thorough understanding of the business processes, functional strategies and priorities and become trusted, strategic advisor
- IT Planning – development of Marketing function, as well as, Business Unit IT operational plan.
- Technology Services / Technology Architecture and IT Security – to understand IT infrastructure and IT strategies in order to support implementation of global technology architectures
- BAT Commercial / Vendor management – to collaborate in effective supplier management and to develop and improve supplier management of service providers
- IT Functions / SAP CoE / other Solution CoEs – to support scoping and implementation of change projects
- Process managers / IT Standards Governance / BAT Strategy & Planning – deployment of global standards and processes
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Experience of leading IT / business engagement for a geographical area / large end market / global function
- Experience of leading, influencing and operating in a complex geographical/ functional matrix organization
- Considerable functional change management experience with advanced stakeholder and risk management skills
- Experience in large global organisation using in-sourced and out-sourced IT services and working with standard global processes
- Breadth of IT knowledge
- An ideal candidate from a non-BAT background will take 4-6 months to learn BAT processes and governance before being fully productive.
- Track record and experience in delivering Value in Marketing (including its sub-areas TM&D, SP&I, Brand Mgt, BD) underpinned by IT Technology and Innovation
- Experience in shaping and executing transformations in the area of Trade Marketing, Route to Market, and Business Development
- Good grasp of Marketing business models and related value add IT capabilities
- Experience of leading a virtual team and managing regional demand requirements
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too. Apply