Jobs By Field
Descon Pakistan Jobs Incharge Procurement Transmission & Distribution (T&D):
Job Title: Incharge Procurement- Transmission & Distribution (T&D)
Job Summary: Provide leadership in procurement to ensure that all project procurement is carried out as per specifications by procurement schedule and budgets while adhering to Company’s policies. Obtain competitive prices and terms for proposals following specifications, requirements, and agreed proposal plan.
• Undertake to prepare a procurement plan as per project schedule
• Undertake to prepare and send a complete RFQ to pre-qualified / approved vendors for obtaining quotations to meet proposal and project deadlines.
• Undertake pre-bid clarification with the vendors and engineering is completed so that a technically acceptable quotation is obtained for bidding and placement of purchase order.
• Ensure to provide competitive price information to BD & Proposal department, enabling to make a winning bid.
• Ensure procurement of all materials for the project is made at the most competitive price, meeting the project budget & technical requirements.
• Ensure effective coordination with Project Management and Engineering for responding to vendor’s clarifications, review of specifications, and equipment inspections so that all material is purchased and delivered as per procurement schedule and project execution schedule.
• Undertake to prepare the necessary documents (comparative statement) for getting techno-commercial approval of quotation and selection of vendor before the purchase order is made.
• Ensure that the purchase order being sent to the vendor has clarity in requirement and completeness of specifications, terms & conditions, and deliverables (delivery times and vendor data, etc.).
• Ensure that reliable and effective expediting and inspection resources are engaged for timely delivery of all material as per ordered specifications.
• Ensure availability of VSM support during and after project execution.
• Should be well versed with latest INCOTERMS, well aware of shipping modes, norms & customs export/imports procedures.
• Undertake prequalification of vendors and subsequently update the list of pre-qualified/approved vendors regularly so that an approved/ qualified vendor list is available at all times.
• Ensure all processes are executed as per Company policies & procedures.
• Degree of Bachelors of Engineering in Electrical discipline from a reputed university.
• Overall 12 years experience with minimum 07 to 08 years in the field of Supply Chain Management (Procurement and Logistics) for 220/500 kV substations.
• Knowledge of the local and international market trends and rates for procurement of material/consumables/tools for engineering & construction of 220/500 kV substations.
• Computer literacy including command over MS Office.
• Strong negotiation, analytical, and time management skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Apply at: [email protected]
Descon Pakistan Jobs Incharge Procurement Transmission & Distribution (T&D)
Jobs By Cities
Jobs By Organization