GE Digital Jobs Early Career Trainee: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The PEPI Engineer will be responsible for successful implementation of GE’s Predictivity Enhancements and Performance Improvements (PEPI) solutions at one or more project sites, including ownership of the contract deliverables, GE value added, thermal performance monitoring, cost management, customer receivables, and GE’s reputation.
- Provide timely and concise project tracking (technical, financial, customer satisfaction) to GE leadership teams (in-country and regional).
- Coordinate / lead the development and implementation of PEPI solutions throughout the duration of the contract.
- Coordinate / lead the engagement of supporting organizations as they relate to PEPI fulfillment, including in-country services engineers, regional engineering, CM&U project management, Software Solutions (SWS) project management, and services headquarters engineering.
- Maintain careful well organized records of GE’s activities at the site.
- Foster a spirit of fact-based open dialogue amongst the GE and customer participants at the site, and at customer HQ when required.
- Develop and maintain trust-based relationships with each customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from an accredited university or college
- At least 1 years power plant experience
- Familiarization with typical pre-sales and post-sale engineering project support activities
- Familiarity with thermodynamic principles of thermal steam or combined cycle power plants
- Familiarity with thermodynamic modelling tools, such as GateCycle
- Familiarity with GT and plant control systems hardware and software
- Familiarity with plant P&ID and Heat Balance diagrams
- Familiarity with online resources for support of solving engineering problems
- Strong potential for leadership, with financial and commercial skills
- Team player in a dynamic, energetic and proactive environment
- Experience working with customer leadership teams
- Demonstrated communication & organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Field Engineering experience
Locations: Pakistan; Islamabad Apply