GE Renewable Energy Jobs Sourcing Specialist – Buying/Procurement
Role Summary: The Procurement Specialist is the part of the procurement team within a given project and is fully responsible for the overall fulfillment of the procurement activities and commitments in the project, including on time delivery, quality and cost as per the negotiated sourcing contract.
This post is to build a pool for future need, once an actual posting is there we will contact the shortlisted candidates.
- Own quality, costs (as negotiated by sourcing) and ensure on time delivery of the material and services for the Project.
- Co-own the Engineering Procurement Plan for the scope, where applicable.
- Work with cross functional teams like Engineering, Sourcing to ensure the on-time delivery of documents (drawings, quotations, etc.).
- Ensure timely issuance of the purchase orders.
- Own the budget related to material, maintain and monitor the budget.
- Periodic progress monitoring and reporting to his management.
- Support the bundling activities in the project which includes convening periodic meetings of stakeholders.
- Establish the procurement schedule.
- Coordinate on-site procurement activities for the project.
- Timely closure of NCRs (site and Shop) related to suppliers.
- Support PM & Project Teams in obtaining technical specifications from engineering on-time.
- Participate in and/ or initiate periodic project meetings (preferably weekly) with the participation of quality, lead engineering, planning, logistics, project engineering teams, as applicable.
- Regularly review the fulfilment by suppliers of all contractual requirements in regards to customs and duties with the support of the concerned function (taxation, expediting, Logistics etc.)
- Oversees claim management with the suppliers in coordination with Commodity leader/Buyer and the project.
- Effectively distributes and communicates relevant project information within the Project team.
- Establishes the monthly progress report, cost summary sheet and claim summary sheet.
- Responsible for reporting monthly progress, supplier claims and project cost summary to procurement management and into the project. Regularly updates suppliers cash out & project milestone recognition related to procurement.
- Supports compliance with the Quality and EHS rules as applicable to the sourcing function.
- Supports the PPL in fulfilling the overall project targets and works in alignment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited engineering university or college
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Procurement processes. Experience related to Grid station Turn key projects will be preferred.
- Basics in scheduling/planning of large and complex projects.
- General knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures, and Sourcing management philosophy.
- Risk management knowledge.
- Ability to work efficiently in SAP system/SPT/MTA etc.
- Technical knowledge of products purchased and power plant familiarity.
- Good communicator and team player.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sound decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrate behaviors in line with GE’s Leadership standards and Compliance policies.
Location: Karachi Apply