SNL Financial Jobs 29 Mar 2016: S&P Global Market Intelligence, is a division of McGraw Hill Financial. The firm is a leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities worldwide. S&P Global Market Intelligence integrates news, comprehensive market and sector-specific data and analytics into a variety of tools to help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk.
Note: This is a Night shift position. However, incumbent is expected to be flexible around working in morning, evening and night shift.
SNL Financial recently got acquired by McGraw Hill Financial and was merged with S&P Capital IQ to form S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI). This Analyst position is to support legacy S&P Capital IQ products which are new to our Pakistan portfolio.
To ensure that our clients have partners to support them in their success, Analysts on the Product Operations team leverage their knowledge of Finance/Economics, ability to research, analyze and interpret and exceptional customer service skills to build relationships with clients and help them get the most out of this business intelligence tool. We are looking for an Analyst to join our team of tech-savvy, well-informed and client-focused professionals who support this streamlined solution for industry professionals.
As a Product Operations Analyst you are at the nerve center of the organization where you are the face of the organization to our clients. You help them with their questions while showcasing your vast knowledge of S&P Global Market Intelligence tools, our data and the industries we cover. The top financial institutions in the world will be asking you to figure out the things that they cannot figure out on their own. You will also be their advocate and work with different teams inside the organization across many functional areas (Sales, Technology, Content, Industry Research etc.).
Your responsibility will be to provide client support, handling ad-hoc projects, and leading training sessions for both clients and colleagues. Communication with clients will initially be carried out through chat but eventually expand to include emails and phone calls. You will be required to address questions related to how we capture, process, and display data as well as answer Industry/Sector related questions. Additional responsibilities may carve out with experience and domain knowledge leading to weekly training for internal teams, content and editorial research, hosting client training sessions through web-based presentations and online videos, user acceptance testing and creating excel based models based on financial and asset level data within the industry. You will emerge as an industry specialist and act as a resource for the team, particularly mentoring your teammates in offices across the globe.
What’s in it for you?
If you’re a self-starter who’s ready for the challenge of learning and managing multiple data sets within S&P Global Market Intelligence products, then this is the opportunity for you. Here you can coordinate and collaborate with various functional groups across the organization and learn a multitude of skills as well as gain expertise in various areas. This is an ideal position to start you career and set a foundation for future success.
Job Responsibilities Will Include
- Providing support to clients through chat, phone, email and other mediums.
- Consistently make proactive suggestions in regards to product usability, presentation, and data
- Partner with product teams on the timely and thorough testing of SPGMI’s products, with an eye
- toward the client experience.
- Exercise independent judgment during user acceptance testing in developing test plans and when
- evaluating the results of testing.
- Working with senior analysts on projects that improve and develop subject matter expertise, these
- include performing data pulls and providing editorial support
- Working with clients to identify template opportunities and guide them through SPGMI’s template
- building process
- Contributing research & analysis or providing research & analysis support to senior analysts
What will get you into S&P Global Market Intelligence?
- You possess excellent English communication skills
- You are equipped with strong financial knowledge and/or have a solid background in Economics
- You’re committed to learning and overcoming any obstacles that come in the way
About S&P Global Market Intelligence and McGraw Hill Financial Apply
SNL Financial Jobs 29 Mar 2016