Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Job Title Programme Officer
Date requested: 27/04/2016
Contract Grade: A
Contract Length: 1 year
Date needed by: As soon as possible
New Post or Replacement: Replacement
Accompanied / Unaccompanied: Unaccompanied
Exact Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Reports to: Programmes Director
Responsible for: NoneLiaises with: Country Director, RAPID Programme Director, Programme Managers, Systems Director/Manager, PQLS Unit team, Grants Specialist/Coordinator, Programme Officers, Country Finance Controller, and Local NGO Partners
To enhance programme quality by assisting in the development of proposals, reports, communication material and briefing documents to the highest standards and to ensure that Concern’s work is well documented and communicated internally and externally. In collaboration with the country team increase visibility and accountability through the development and implementation of initiatives related to communications and information sharing.
Proposals, Reporting And Documentation
· Assist the programme teams in the production of high quality concept notes, proposals and reports for both internal and external/donors purposes.
· Prepare initial drafts of the annual country report, government reports, and monthly sit-reps, in liaison with the supervisor and senior management, as appropriate.
· Support the programme team in the development of case studies and video documentaries/clips.
· Record & produce the minutes of the Senior Management Team Meeting, Programme Meeting and other internal/external meetings, as required.
· Assist in gathering and reporting of specific information as requested by PHF, UN, HQs, and government etc.
M&E, Information Management And Communications
· Assist the M&E team in writing/editing of internal evaluation, review and research reports
· Assist in the production of visibility materials (brochures, leaflets, posters etc.), as required.
· In consultation with the supervisor, draft briefings and updates for newspapers, information & publicity materials, UN bulletins and websites, to showcase Concern’s work.
· Monitoring of key websites for general information related to Pakistan or to Concern’s programmes and dissemination of this material, as relevant
· Regular updating of general country information on the website and for other internal use
• Support emergency responses when required including assessments and reporting
• Assist and contribute in the development and review/revisions of country strategic plan, programme strategies; Assist SMT with research related to relevant UN and government strategy plans and progress reports, as requested and agreed
· Ensure that the Concern website is updated regularly regarding Pakistan Programme with meaningful and approved information and links.
• Attend relevant coordination meetings, if required
• Any other tasks mutually agreed with the Programmes Director and /or the CD
ESSENTIAL Education, Qualifications & Experience Required
· Degree in Humanitarian Assistance, Development Studies, International relations or other relevant discipline
· Excellent English writing and communication skills with background in research, documentation and/or report writing
· Minimum 1 year experience in a similar capacity in an NGO Overseas
· Good knowledge and competence of computer applications such as Microsoft Office
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
· Ability to organise and prioritise workload, using initiative when appropriate
· Ability to cope with stress, work under pressure often to strict deadlines
· Ability to manage multiple job tasks
· Self-motivated, progressive and proactive
· Sensitive to gender issues
DESIRABLE Education, Qualifications & Experience Required
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Basic understanding of Pakistan’s geo-political situation
· Basic knowledge of I/NGOs mandates and their humanitarian and developmental work
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Concern Worldwide has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct candidates acknowledge that they have understood the contents of both the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and the Programme Participant Protection Policy and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these two documents.
Concern receives a substantial amount of funding from external donors each year. Increasingly donors are introducing requirements whereby future funding is conditional on Concern ensuring that the names of any new employee or volunteer do not appear on terrorism lists generated by the European Union (List of person, groups and entities to which Regulation (EC No. 2580/2001 applies), the US Government (Office of Foreign Assets Control list of specially designated Nationals and Blocked Persons) and the United Nations (Consolidated List). Any offer of employment (either paid or voluntary) with Concern Worldwide will not be made pending a clearance check being conducted on the applicant. For additional information please consult our web site or contact the Human Resource Division in our Head Office.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Apply