British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Job number: 9739BR
Job title: Maintainence Lead
Appointment type: Permanent
- Organize and Execute machinery maintenance including breakdown, preventive maintenance and extensive overhauls to ensure continuous running of machines.
- Prepare Revenue budgets and monitor on monthly basis to remain within agreed targets.
- Plan and implement product and machine quality improvement jobs including detectors performance & hit rate in liaison with Production, Quality and Engineering Departments to ensure manufacturing of quality product.
- Ensure availability of machine to SMD team as per Master Production Schedule by completing maintenance activities within agreed timelines
- Ensure machines are capable of delivering the highest quality product at all times with optimum cost of quality and low waste.
- Engage and motivate team to perform at their best to achieve department objectives.
- Identify training needs of team members to bridge skill gap to ensure effective maintenance.
- To ensure continuous improvement in employees performance, provide regular feedback to them on their behaviour, attendance and skill gaps.
- Seek continuous learning and development opportunities for self and team members.
- Organize and execute timely conversion of machines to different configuration to meet market demand as per MPS.
- Ensure availability of quality spares by closely monitoring the consumption pattern.
- Responsible for ensuring enforcement of PTC’s EH&S policies in all relevant activities falling under his scope
- Seek feedback from SMD team for continuous improvement in quality of maintenance and execute the suggested actions.
- Work in close liaison with services team for effective execution of maintenance activities.
- Encourage team to come up with new and different ideas of doing work to ensure continuous improvement process.
- Execute standardization of existing machinery through modification/innovations for quality, safety and productivity improvement.
- Continuously look for new and better ways for improving different processes already in place on the production floor.
- To develop and implement: best practices, common platforms, sharing experience/knowledge with other functions and factories within Operations.
- Execution of maintenance aiming to achieve the specified production and quality targets.
- The factory operates in continuous running, i.e., 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 350 days a year except for festival holidays. With induction of highly sophisticated machinery, skill enhancement is the main challenge on shop floor which may affect delivery, Quality and Cost targets.
- The Site is situated in a remote and agricultural based area; hence there is shortage of skilled/literate workers as well as contractors.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- DAE with 2-3 years of experience in Engineering Services and maintenance systems.
- Working knowledge of ERP system is desirable.
- Strong Man management and analytical skills is desirable. Must be innovative in approach.
- Should know maintenance standards and techniques. Knowledge of basic TPM concepts is desirable.
- Should have an understanding of Environment, Health and Safety standards.
- Effective communication skills and Good presentation skills are desirable.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of raw materials and product in general.
- General experience in factory management, new technologies and methods used supplier relations and machinery acquisition
Key Success Factors
- Product Quality as per agreed standards while keeping machine in optimum condition.
- Ensure timely handing over of machinery for production after rectification and maintenance.
- Compliance of EH&S standards associated with the machines.
- Timely availability of quality spares while minimizing inventory levels.
- Material trial and evaluation for productivity improvement.
- Budget monitoring to contribute in reducing overall cost of the business
- The job holder reports to Maintenance Coordinator on performance, projects, plans, sanctions of expenditures, technical development, breakdowns, over time etc.
- Engineering Deptt. (Technical Development, modifications, spares)
- Quality Assurance (Material & Product trials
- Spare Part Suppliers (Spares development, cost reductions)
- Engineering Suppliers (productivity equipment, technical development)
Essential requirements: B Tech Diploma Holder Mechanical. Apply