Get Latest Jobs Via Email
University degree in Social Sciences, Hydrology, Geophysics, Civil/Environmental Engineering or a related technical field.
One year progressively responsible experience in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in WES/Environment.
Under the overall guidance of Chief Field Office (CFO) Balochistan and technical guidance of Chief WASH Programme and under the direct supervision of the WASH Officer, Balochistan, provides direct support to the Balochistan WASH programme in programme planning, implementation and monitoring in the province.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Under the guidance of CFO and Section Chief, Provide direct support to WASH Officer in designing, preparing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating WASH projects in Balochistan. Analyze and evaluate data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommend corrective action when necessary to meet project objectives. Assist in the development and introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation. Assist in emergency preparedness and response.
2. Under the guidance of CFO, Section Chief and WASH Officer, collect and analyze data for Situation Analysis, programme/project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes. Analyze programme implementation reports and evaluate against established programme recommendations and plans of action. Prepare tables, graphs and other statistical data. Report outcome of analysis and propose corrective action. Update the information/reports periodically.
3. Undertake visits to UNICEF projects sites, assess local conditions and resources, and monitor UNICEF inputs. Assist in conducting periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Assist in preparing action on operational procedures affecting project implementation and management. Provide technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme/project.
4. Make regular contacts with provincial officials and other partners in order to advocate UNICEF policy in Balochistan and linking up with other partners and national initiatives, promoting UNICEF role as a technical resource and a sector leader both at the policy as well as implementation level, in consultation and planning with supervisor.
5. Contribute to the development of the sectoral work plans (AWPs, MYWPs) for Balochistan and ensure compliance to and achievement of specific assigned objectives. Ensure inter-sectoral collaboration with other programme colleagues for efficient and effective coordination, and enhanced synergy. Interact with Advocacy and Communication/Programme Communication Section in the development of appropriate programme communication and information strategies and material to support advocacy and programme development.
6. Provide inputs to the government authorities and partners to plan and organize training programmes. Assist in identifying training needs and objectives for the purpose of capacity building, piloting innovative approaches and for programme sustainability as well as promotion and advocacy.