VISA Jobs Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job DescriptionPurpose:The role is responsible for executing against the Go To Market plan for mVisa in Pakistan. Work with merchants, merchant aggregators, processors and acquirers to ensure that they roll out mVisa acceptance in Pakistan. Success in this role will be measured by the establishment and growth of the acceptance foot print and the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) and revenues. (Additional mVisa acceptance locations, increased Visa usage, and additional processing volume via VisaNet). This needs to be done working closely with country and functional teams to:
- Meet the mVisa “go to market” and country business plans
- Implementing acceptance plans to support country plans
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Support Acquirer banks and relevant 3rd party partners with the roll-out of an mVisa network across Pakistan
- Identify key merchant segments and relevant stakeholders
- Assist acquirers in understanding the mVisa value proposition and acquiringcommercial models
- Define distribution and incentive models for Sales staff
- Educate acquiring banks on deploying a simplified KYC / Start up process for mVisa merchants
- Work with with the Acquirers to increase the numbers of active merchant outlets accepting mVisa in both new and existing sectors (e.g. Government, Grocery, Convenience Stores, Transportation, Bill Payment/Utilities, Subscriptions, Petrol, Education)
- Build relationships with key merchants and merchant associations (i.e. retailers’ association, fuel dealers association, etc) relevant to the expansion of mVisa
- Contribute to the development of the Acceptance strategy and plans
- Contribute towards development of a Pakistan marketing plan targeted at merchants/mVisa
- Ensure that mVisa Acceptance marketing plan and strategy is effectively communicated to and understood by the relevant stakeholders in the sub-region
- Establish and manage budget requirements for mVisa Acceptance Development – Acquirer/Merchant / Processor
- Deliver detailed budgetary plans built bottom-up and regularly reviewed, maintaining a flexibility andresilience to cater for local market dynamics
Strategic Nature, Management Accountability &Scope
- Develop and implement strategies to grow acceptance and spend from existing and new spend categories.
- Facilitate the development of marketing and promotional activity with key acquirers / merchant relationship / processors.
- Facilitate the coming together of new technology providers (PSPs/Aggreagtors / Bill Pay Engines) and traditional acquirers to launch new acceptance initiatives in Pakistan.
- Play a lead role and take ownership for mVisa merchant recruitment.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Key influencer in market related decisions
- Decisions impact the implementation of plans and achievement of annual acceptance objectives for Pakistan
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations
- Must have the maturity to work well within a matrix
- Individual is responsible for the production of executive management reports, briefings and other related communication
Financial & Organizational ScopeThe role will have budgetary responsibility for mVisa related expenses / budgets in Pakistan. He / she must have superior strategic, analytical, project management and communication skills.Reporting Relationships & InteractionsThe individual will be expected to interact effectively with all levels of Visa and client management. This role will report to the Head of Merchant Sales and Solutions for MENA.
- Key Competencies
- Team work
- Negotiation and Selling
- Client relationship management
- Interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Graduate level or higher degree.
- Prior experience of working with Payment Systems
- Knowledge of Visa Systems and processing would be a plus
- Microsoft office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent language proficiency in English and Urdu. Apply
VISA Jobs Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader