The World Bank Jobs Senior Economist: We are looking for an imaginative and innovative microeconomist with a record of sound analytical work, good judgment, demonstrated experience in tailoring analysis and conveying advice in weak capacity contexts, strong client engagement skills and effectiveness in working collaboratively with teams from multiple practices.
• Ph. D in economics or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated strength in each of the three streams of work around which the poverty global practice’s country-level programs are structured
• General Economic Knowledge and Analytical Skills – Possesses Cross-country knowledge in economic specialty and demonstrates ability to link the macro, institutional, and micro-level behaviors; able to support findings/policy recommendations with credible analysis and tools.
• Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Translates technical and cross-country knowledge into practical applications and contributions to country and sector strategies; interacts with clients at the policy level.
• Policy Dialogue Skills – Anticipates needs and requests in the field and conducts independent policy discussions with representatives of the government and non-government partners.
• Integrative Skills – Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas how they are interrelated; able to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations.
• Technical and Quantitative Skills as an Applied Development Microeconomist – Able to lead/participate in projects related to poverty and inequality reduction, poverty and welfare measurement, national development strategies, monitoring, information and evaluation systems, impact evaluation, and related areas.
• Written and Verbal Communication – Demonstrates the ability to influence and persuade others to accept ideas and suggestions (such as counterparts in government, international partner organizations, academia, and Bank colleagues, senior staff and managers)
• Lead and Innovate – Develops innovative solutions with others.
• Deliver Results for Clients – Achieves results and identifies mission-driven solutions for the client.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across WBG, and brings differing ideas into the forefront.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across and outside WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
• Make Smart Decisions – Recommends and takes decisive action.
• Demonstrates ability to coordinate, participate in, and act as a catalyst for, strategic cross-practice dialogues within country teams, promoting integrated evidence-based development solutions