Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Teradata Jobs Project Manager: The Project Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring, and directing Teradata projects for a data warehouse or to implement a solution meeting agreed client requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Project Manager may lead a single project or oversee multiple smaller sub-projects. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and third party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical, and quality objectives. The Project Manager supports projects beginning in the pre-contract sales process and will manage them through closeout. The Project Manager may be supported by additional Project Managers, and/or technical leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of consulting projects. Responsible for statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting Client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the Clients’ business requirements into specific deliverables.
- Lead data warehouse or other Teradata solution implementation projects of moderate complexity, or a collection of multiple smaller projects.
- Ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget, and within client expectations for quality and functionality.
- Manage Client acceptance of the solution and managing Client expectations in line with the agreed statement of work.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with client stakeholders and resolution of all issues.
- Maintain and communicate project status to all stakeholders in reports and status meetings.
- Identify sales opportunities, participate in pre-sales planning, project pricing, bid review, and presentation of sales proposals. Acquires incremental business within the project through change control.
- Build a project team, including Teradata employees, offshore resources, and contractors.
- Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time. Produces project financial and status reports from PSA and EDW systems.
- Ensure monthly billings, timely collection of revenue, and manage procurement and payment to contractors.
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East & Africa-Pakistan-Islamabad
Organization: EMEA Sales & Services
- Project Planning and Organizing — Define project scope, estimate time, cost, and resources requirements. Plan project according to advocated Teradata PM methodology. Assess project risk, develop risk mitigation strategies, and support the sales team to develop contracts and project pricing.
- Managing Project Implementation — Manage all aspect of post-sale implementation of a project.
- Coaching — Provide timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Business Needs Analysis — Ability to define the client’s requirements within the context of their business. Ability to assess the opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of a potential solution.
- Decision-Making — Ability to use logical, sound judgment and experience to determine the appropriate course of action based on scenario, procedures, and guidelines, for a given situation.
- Problem-Solving — Gather and use information needed to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations.
- Facilitation and Meeting Management — Guide the activities of an individual, group or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
- Influencing Others — Ability to assert ideas and persuade others to commit action.
- Conflict Management and Negotiation — Ability to come to sound agreements with counterparts in business or organizational situations where there is disagreement or differences in interest.
- Procurement/Supplier Management — Estimate, plan, and manage the work of subcontractors and other external project resources. Develop and manage subcontracting agreements.
- Requirements Analysis and Management — Ability to systematically identify, document, and manage project requirements. Tracing the requirements from source through implementation and verification and controlling all requirements and scope change.
- System/Technology Integration — Ability to identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives.
- Testing a Data Warehouse — Ability to prepare for, administer, and validate results of unit, vendor, acceptance, component integration, system acceptance, deployment readiness, and user acceptance testing to ensure conformance to business, functional, and quality requirements.
Teradata Jobs Project Manager