Standard Chartered Bank SCB Jobs Relationship Manager: We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets. We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
* Achieve individual financial and non-financial targets while contributing towards team’s overall deliverables through:
* effectively generating new business – identify prospects and convert in line with the Bank’s appetite
* strategically formulating account plan – provide clients needs-based solutions, structure appropriate credit facility, and execute various banking transactions
* proactively building trusted client relationships – maintain a portfolio of active and growing customers
* Market and sell broad range of products including trade service, cash management, treasury and investment
* Prepare credit proposal and loan application of customers; prepare annual review on timely basis
* Work closely with credit team to ensure good quality lending decisions are made; to ensure the strict adherence to the prevailing EAR / credit policy
* Implement agreed business plan to achieve sales/ revenue targets
* Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services
* Regularly feed back to Team Leader and peers on new and anticipated financial and service needs and recommend appropriate improvements to processes on new products
* Maintain a high level of professionalism in client engagement, internal stakeholder management and other business conductProcesses
* Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
* Support the framework for effective management of operational risks across the Business and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
* Support the execution of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis – incorporating infrastructure requirements and ensuring that they are fit-for-growth.
* Conduct regular and timely customer due diligence (CDD) reviews
* Ensure CDD profiles are error free for timely sign off
* Follow and comply with AML CDD policies and procedures where applicable
* Identify KYC issues, provide solution or escalate to line manager if necessary
* Ensure internal / external KYC requirements are adhered to AML CDD policies and procedures
* Timely handling of customer issues, complaints, and product enquiries in accordance with established procedures
People and Talent
* Embed the Group’s values and culture
* Coach peers and more junior staff as appropriate
* Partner effectively with internal stakeholders to deliver effective client solutions
* Abide by appropriate frameworks to guarantee that business is carried out within the Group’s risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with line managers other stakeholders.
* Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with regulations and guidelines on Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM).
* Abide by the Group’s values and code of conduct and foster a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
* Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant superiors and/or Risk Committees.
* Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses
* Ensure relevant systems and controls pertaining to the role remit are in compliance with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Operational Risk, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation
* Ensure adherence with the following Regulatory Compliance policies and processes (as is applicable):
* Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and all applicable money laundering prevention procedures
* Client Due Diligence & Related Periodic Reviews
* Client Suitability Standards
* Treating Customers Fairly
* Approval & review of Credit Applications
* Maintain Documentary standards
* Data Confidentiality
* Cross-Border Policy
* Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM)
* Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
* Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
* Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the Business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.*
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
How To Apply: You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience. Apply