Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Standard Chartered Bank SCB Jobs Audit Manager June 2016: We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets. We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Position: Audit Manager
1) To provide business stakeholders and committees with:
a) A point of contact in the country with respect to Group Internal Audit (GIA);
b) GIA’s view on significant risks within the business(es) and an assessment as to whether these risks are being adequately managed and escalated if appropriate;
2) To assist the Senior Audit Manager/Head of Audit in:
a) Preparing Audit Planning Schedule (APS)/Risk Assessment and detailed audit plans;
b) An assessment on the appropriateness of the audit plans
c) An anticipatory approach to risk assessment to GIA by highlighting issues through effective stakeholder engagement in order to improve audit planning;
3) To carry out reviews and establish an effective Country Audit function that:
a) Provide independent assurance to relevant stakeholders on the state of the Country control environment and control discipline by Audits, Control Review, Continuous Monitoring and Special Review ;
b) Assist in carrying out GRB/Country Audits in other countries as required by the Country/ Area/ Regional Head of Audit from time to time.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
* Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process;
* Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit planning;
* Delivery of the agreed audit plan for the country / region as assigned; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved;
* Review country MIS regularly; Avoid surprises.
* Help to develop an annual audit plan to meet the Group & Audit Committee’s expectations.
* Audit activity – Audit, Control Review, Continuous Monitoring and Special Review
* Carry out audits, to ensure adherence to policies and procedures and to ensure that business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
* Execute audit to provide independent, objective assurance to the Audit Committee.
* Ensure GIA methodology is adhered.
* Ensure audit conducted using GRC software is in accordance with the Audit Methodology.
* Ensure Country Audit activity is sufficient to meet the requirements/expectations of local Regulators
Issue Resolution and follow up
* Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner
* Ensure appropriate follow up of issues and escalations where appropriate.
Reporting, Communication & Engagement
* Ensure final reports are delivered for review to Country Head of Audit with all recommendations agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group.
* Conduct / attend regular stakeholder meetings when required.
Improving the Practice of Audits/Championing Risk Management
* Build relationships with leaders across the country to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organisation as a whole.
* Share best practice to improve the control environment; make recommendations to Country Head of Audit.
Qualification & Skills
* Institute of Internal Auditors or equivalent finance qualification (ACCA, CPA, ACA etc.) with Internal Audit experience preferred, but part completion will be accepted.
* Some (2+ years) experience in Internal Audit roles, preferably in a bank will be an advantage.
* Team player able to work effectively with diverse client groups
* Good communicator with an ability to gain the respect from peers, management and business stakeholders;
* Is confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues with Senior Audit Manager/Head of Internal Audit.
* Is self directed and able to work with minimum supervision; escalating issues in appropriately and in a timely manner;
* Ability to evaluate information analytically.
Qualifications and Skills: Minimum ACCA/CA,CIA requirement with relevant working experience.
How To Apply: You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Closing Dates: The closing date for applications is 05/07/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future. Apply