Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Standard Chartered Bank SCB Jobs Analyst Officer: We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
* To receive documents for LCY payments, TT, & Shipping team via dispatch, emails, cash and Trade counter, Branches, corporate department and internal departments
* Track all OTT payments and LCY transactions on eOps.
* Track ITT and shipping and Airlines Documents in MIS.
* Verification of signatures on payment instructions or other instructions as per the customer operating instructions given in the system and for internal department as per agreed SLA and DoA of signing officials.
* To ensure error logging is maintained and reviewed by Head of CMO.
* To hold keys/combination as one of the custodians, at no time should other keys / combination to a particular be held
* Perform Call Back Confirmation (CBC) as per CBC procedure with customer for FCY transactions exceeding the defined threshold amount/for dormant account transaction and one time for Standing Instructions.
* In case Call Back cannot be performed obtain Call Back Not Confirmed (CBNC) approval from delegated authorities as per the CBC procedure.
* Handover received documents to relevant teams after tracking and performing the pre-processing checks.
* Reconcile the documents received team wise at day end and maintain the record of the same.
* To carry out investigations for ITT, OTT, AML & Stop Payment on customer complaints / queries.
* Inward and Outward AML queue monitoring, clearance of false matches on daily basis.
* Investigation of transactions intercepted in AML queue to check if it is a true or false match.
* Refer all transactions related to sanctioned entities/sanctioned countries to Group CMO Sanctions/CMLPO for approval through SAM and email.
* Maintain original hardcopies for record of all sanctioned approved/rejected transactions.
* Maintain MIS for all referred cases to Group CMO Sanctions / CMLPO.
* SWIFT message printing, sorting and distribution to relevant cash teams for processing and day end reconciliation of total messages printed and distributed to the teams and maintain records of the same.
* To mark STOP payment/cancellation cheques/pay orders and demand drafts as per customer request received via authorized channel (CSG, T&C counter, business) and issuance of stop payment confirmation letter to customer.
* Monthly submission of KPI, Accruals etc to the concern within the stipulated timelines.
* Special and ad-hoc assignments and tasks by Unit head or Senior Management.
* Scanning through eOps with caveat; if performed with maker lite activity than must not perform scan checker and vice versa.
* To look for system/process related gaps or duplication of work and provide with effective solution considering cost, time and efficiency.
* To update and maintain record of all Tool kit documents.
* Provide province wise breakup of FED to regulatory reporting on monthly basis.
* Provide reporting of assigned regulatory returns to regulator directly or through Regulatory reporting unit as per agreed frequency.
* Authorized to take custody of control of stocks of Drafts, Cashier’s Orders, blank cheques, security papers, and pending customer instructions under dual control with second custodian.
* Verify Customer Signatures, from eCSVS & GASB and Manual file maintained, but not involved in Call Back and processing of transaction of particular transaction.
* Call back to Customer on threshold limit amount, but not involved in Signature Verification & processing of transaction of particular transaction.
* Authorize / Release the transactions from SC Star AML queue, but not involved in particular transaction processing.
* Authorize to perform Fax/email/ other legal indemnity checks, Regulatory documentary checks (wherever applicable), Other Pre-processing checks including funds sufficiency & Sanction checking but will not involved in particular transaction processing.
* Custodian of Keys/Combination as one of the two custodians to hold Blank Pay orders / Demand Draft / STS Stationery / issued Pay orders / Demand Draft / STS instruments / Customer Cheque / Dividend Warrant Stationery and other bank cheques which need to be sent on Collection, client pending instructions/letters and other items of similar nature. Also included printer Boxes. And will not be custodian of second key combination of particular safe/lock
* Printer used is a shared utility, so official authorized to print and collect the Customer Statements / Advises / Confirmations / Notifications from the printer.
* As Centralized Unit / SSC official is authorized to receive the instructions through Fax, as well as (sent to the email box of the dedicated staff in the unit), who are authorized to receive such instructions.
* Authorized to scan the client instructions and Retrieval of Scan / Fax printouts.
* Authorized to take printouts from the Scan Receipt / Print Room authorized officials and ensure two scan room official signatures on request/instruction/document, after counting will provide acknowledgement to scan room official.
* Authorized to send scan instruction, by ensuring dual signature by authorized official on the document and send through eOps or Fax or any alternative channel as documented in DoI.
* Authority mandate provided as with Centralized Unit to ensure queries or clarifications raised are answered by the authorized staff, by use of CMO processing/supporting systems i.e including but not limited to Email, FileNet Workflow, or any other approved system.
* As CPC staff authorized to act as Maker or Checker for responding to SSC queries / clarifications / approvals.
Health and Safety
* Responsible for the health and safety aspects within your area of control.
* Enhance the control environment to minimise operational risk.
* Review operational risk reports and initiate and approve action plans. Follow up on progress/action plans to address operational risks.
* Identify processing risks or inefficiencies and implement appropriate and effective changes.
* Co-ordination and advisory services on all aspects of the Group Operations Risk Management structure through:
o Group Operations Risk Management Guidelines
o Group Manuals and Process Guide
* Ensure to be engaged in AML measure, ensure that staff receives required AML training, monitor suspicious transactions and report it through SAR process.
* Ensure that BCP is tested as per the Group Policy and participate in testing for successful end to end drill.
* To provide high quality service to customers.
* Establish service standards and ensure that they are achieved.
* To build a service culture in operations.
* To be proficient in dot OPAL, RCMS, SC Star, STS etc.
* To user test all enhancements on the model system.
* Work with IT department in implementing new or improved software, automate manual processes.
* Review system reports to manage access and usage risk and exercise local banking regulations and build strong relationship with the central bank.
* Create and maintain a compliance culture through maintenance of the Compliance Risk Management Framework (CRM) within the business, co-ordinate and assist in regulatory and other audits, sample testing of compliance monitoring undertaken by the compliance representatives, Ensure timely completion of compliance management actions and timely submission of accurate compliance reports, including the execution of monitoring actions as per section E of the Matrices Apply