S&P Global Market Intelligence Jobs Senior Infrastructure Engineer: The APAC Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for the configuration and support of connectivity of all systems in APAC region. This team is also responsible for Server security patching and providing compliance reporting to Sr. management team for all mission critical systems. This team is responsible for infrastructure availability and resolution of issues at 2nd level.
Manager / Individual Contributor?
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in and provide guidance on infrastructure systems, process improvements, performance, etc.
- Prepare and present reports and analyses outlining improvements and recommendations for actions necessary to achieve desired results.
- Recommend new products and provide guidance and expertise in their development.
- Ensure processes and policies comply with standards and regulations and are sustainable and scalable.
Functional and Business Knowledge
- Has in-depth knowledge of infrastructure systems processes and strategies.
- Solve complex, non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
- Determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Work with other teams as a lead and/or member.
- Create formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Typical Scope & Impact
- Contribute to the achievement of Infrastructure Systems objectives.
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
Minimum And Preferred Education
Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
Minimum And Preferred Experience/Skills
- 6+ years relevant administrative experience with server system in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Windows environments is required
- Knowledge in Linux, UNIX and other OS’s will be an advantage.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix is required
- Experience in Server security patching with supporting tools like WSUS, SCCM and/or any third party is required
- Well-versed with Server Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Experience in solving complex problems with Infrastructures is required
- Working experience in supporting Backup environment with knowledge of different backup technologies (BackupExec, Appassure, etc.)
- Project Management experience is required
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (AWS/Azure) is an advantage
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL is an advantage
- Proven experience working with Dell/HP enterprise systems
- The applicant is required to have a strong understanding of Server, Storage, Virtualization technologies
- Should be able to collaborate with NOC, ITSM, Web/App and DB teams, a very good communicator and able to work in individual / team environments. Apply