Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Advanced university degree in Social Sciences (e.g. Education), International Development, Defence and Diplomatic Studies, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, Peace building, Public Policy or other related field.
5 Years(Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in education, social development, management, programme design and management. Field experience in peace building, conflict prevention and conflict sensitivity highly desirable.)
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
Knowledge of latest developments and approaches in the field of both Peace Building and Education. Analytical understanding of issues, challenges and opportunities facing Peacebuilding in Education in the context of Pakistan.
Experience in Social Cohesion / impact analysis and in design of education, peace and peace building programs highly recommended. Experience in complex emergencies / conflict-affected contexts strongly preferred.
-Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources.
-Ability to draft clearly and concisely on technical issues with creative expression.
-Good negotiation, presentation and advocacy skills.
-Ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
-Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and challenging environment.
-Demonstrate and share detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
-Good leadership and team skills; coordinate group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear and produce tangible results
-Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
=i) Core Values (Required)
Commitment Diversity and Inclusion Integrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
Communication II Working with People II
Drive for Results II
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
Leading and Supervising I Formulating Strategies and Concepts II
Analyzing III Relating and Networking II
Deciding and Initiating Action II Applying Technical Expertise III
The Social Cohesion & Education Specialist (NOC) will work under the supervision of the Education Specialist (P4). The purpose of the post is to support the development and implementation of UNICEF Education and Peacebuilding programme in Pakistan. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with UNICEF staff and focal points in Provinces and will facilitate the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the programme based on the Social Cohesion and Resilience Analysis data.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide support to the development of the Social Cohesion and Resilience Analysis report; by assisting with the desk review, facilitating the consultations and drafting the report. Ensure the logistics are in place for planned activities and events.
2. Under the guidance of the Education Specialist (P4), provide support to design the assigned Peacebuilding project, including adherence to Social Cohesion and Resilience Analysis report, UNICEF Technical guidance on conflict analysis and Peacebuilding lessons learned reports.
3. Prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate the assigned Peacebuilding project. Analyze and evaluate data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommend corrective action when necessary to meet project objectives. Assist in the development and introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation.
4. Provide inputs on training/ orientation for field based national facilitators who will implement the process; Identify training needs and objectives for the purpose of capacity building, programme sustainability as well as promotion and advocacy.
5. Prepare project status reports, documents and required information for donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports etc.
6. Ensure collaboration and facilitate linkages with Child Protection, PME, C4D Coordinator, Gender and other programme colleagues. Ensure inputs of the TWG are fed into the programme.
7. Any other tasks assigned.
Apply By: Jan 13, 2013