Get Latest Jobs Via Email
IKEA, world’s leading home furnishing company is growing its business in Pakistan
IKEA, the Swedish Home Furnishing company has opportunities open for dynamic professionals who would like to work for a ‘better every day life for the many people’. IKEA operates through its own retail, wholesale and purchase organizations with 333 stores in 40 countries and 29 purchasing offices in 25 countries. We currently have 151,000 co-workers worldwide with a turnover of 26 billion euros. We are known for offering a non-hierarchical, fun workplace where taking responsibility, simplicity & togetherness are key values. In Pakistan we are working since 1992 and growing further. Currently we have the following opportunity in our trading office in Karachi.
Responsible to ensure that IKEA Product Quality requirements are fulfilled every day with the overall goal to always increase “Customer Satisfaction”.
Responsible to continuously contribute to the development of IKEA business by working actively with the supplier, initiating more efficient, production methods, packaging solutions and utilization of raw material.
– To secure at all time the Product Quality requirements
– To work proactively to improve Customer Experienced Product Quality and solve Quality problems with the highest sense of urgency
– To actively contribute to improvements and participate in projects, including production processes, packaging and product changes
– To work closely with suppliers and contribute to supplier development
Job Specific Requirements:
– Textile Engineer with 8-10 years experience and at least 4 years experience in leadership role
– Very good knowledge of the product requirements, standards and test methods
– Good knowledge of production processes and materials
– Understanding of Quality Management Systems
– Knowledge in auditing techniques and analysis of suppliers working methods and performance
– Customer focused in daily work
– Good computer software and systems skills
– Contribute to IKEA values and culture
– Create togetherness
– Ability to lead and motivate others
– Inspire and clarify
For this position, candidates must have good communication skills, both in English and local language. The positionrequires high level of commitment, motivation and ethical standard. We are an equal opportunity employer, so women are encouraged to apply. This position is based in Karachi and requires travel to local suppliers as well as regionally.
Please send your applications with a resume and 2 references via email to: [email protected]
Alternatively you can send your applications via regular mail along with a resume, photo, 2 references and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, within 10 days to:
Business Development Manager,
IKEA Trading (Hong Kong) Ltd,
F-2/1, Block No. 9, Clifton, Kehkashan, Karachi-75600, Pakistan.
Tel: 92-21-3587 2100 to 2106