Parliamentary Internship Program Pakistan PIP OTS 2016, DEMOCRACY REPORTING INTERNATIONAL:
A unique opportunity for young graduates to gain valuable career experience in parliamentary services
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
Since 2010, DRI has supported Pakistan’s state institutions in electoral, parliamentary and human rights reforms. In collaboration with the provincial assemblies, DRI is launching the Parliamentary Internship Programme. The internship programme is a unique opportunity for young graduates to gain hands-on experience supporting the work of provincial assemblies. A total of twenty graduates will be selected – five from each province – to work within their respective provincial assembly for a maximum period of six months. Interns will support parliamentarians and parliamentary committees in their daily work, receiving on-the-job training and first-hand exposure to the reform process. Selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 30000 during the internship.
• Candidates must hold a Master level qualification (16 years of education) with a GPA score of either 3 out of 4. 3.75 out of 5 or a 75% average (For Balochistan, applicants holding a Bachelors degree/14 years of education are also encouraged to apply);
• Preference will be given to degree holders in the disciplines of Law, Political Science, International Relations, Development Studies, History and Economics. Candidates with degrees in other related disciplines will be considered; • Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Urdu. Knowledge of the other languages is considered an asset;
• Candidates should demonstrate excellent research skills, preferably through their academic studies or initial work experience;
• Candidates must possess good IT skills;
• Age limit: Candidates must be under 30 years;
• Candidates must have graduated in the academic year 2014 or later. More information about DRI’s work can be found on our website at: www.democracy-reporting.org. The closing date for the applications is Monday, 15 August 2016. Interested applicants meeting the above eligibility criteria should apply online on at www.ols.org.pk OR send their application by courier to: Manager Operation, Project (DRI), Open Testing Service, 93, Street # 03, Block-A, Media Town (Adjacent to PWD), Islamabad Phone: 051-2375081 Email: [email protected] DRI is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The diverse backgrounds of candidates will be taken into consideration in the recruitment process. as DRI seeks to make the selection of interns as representative as possible. DRI reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process.
For queries write to DRI: [email protected]
- Higher Education Commission Pakistan HEC Jobs Aug 2016
- Askari Investment Management Jobs Aug 2016