Get Latest Jobs Via Email
- To access scandisk open “My Computer” and right click on the drive that you want scanned. Select “Properties”
- From the tools tab under “Error Checking” select “Check Now”
- Two options are available to check
- the file system
- or the disk
- Click “Start” to begin Phase 1.
- After phase 1 “file system check” has completed click “OK” to finish,
- Then start the disk check by ticking “Scan for and attempt to recover bad sectors.”
- Then click “Start”
- This is a two phase operation and may take sometime to complete
- When complete click “OK” to finish
- And “OK” to close Scandisk.
- Like Defragmenter, Scandisk should be run on a regular basis to ensure the file system and hard disk are maintained to their optimum.