KE Karachi Electric Jobs Deputy General Manager RTU: Our employees are our company’s greatest asset – they are our real competitive advantage. We possesse immense power of innovation, immagination and a desire to attract and retain the best; provide them with encouragement, stimulus, and make them feel that they are an integral part of the company’s mission.
Job Purpose: Responsible to maintain and keep smooth functioning of RTU &Outstation Works, SAS and HMI system at all grid and generating station. Also ensure to manage entire Automation Data base and successfully storing of RTU / SAS backup configuration files and their availability with new modifications with modified firmware for smooth functioning of the systems.
- Plan and ensure enforcement of adaptation and integration of changes of power network into SCADA system for real time monitoring and control.
- Ensure liaison with all concerned departments to improve the system and network.
- Ensure timely execution and implementation of adaptation, integration, rectification, up gradation and modification work on sites to minimize the downtime of system/stations
- Prepare specifications for procurement of new equipment/parts and projects and manage inspection at the time of delivery.
- Propose and implement upgrades and system enhancing renovations in RTU & Outstation Works, SAS and HMI system at all grid and generating station
- Coordinate with management for development of systems and strategies to be employed in system.
- Prepare Budget plan, its allocation and utilization.
- Ensure development and implementation of standard operating procedures and policies for all activities / RTU & Outstation Works, SAS and HMI system activities at grid and generating station
- Ensure adherence to all HSEQ and departmental specified safety procedures and policies
- Promote implementation and development of training and awareness culture in department
- Ensure hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying system size and complexity of system
- Enforce users enrollment and system security
- Ensure security and availability of systems(stations) backup and recovery
- Logistics and material management with proper inventory control w.r.t validity of system and equipment (hardware and software) licenses, end of life and end of support. Apply