Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Industry: N.G.O./Social Services
Total Position: 1
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Islamabad
Gender: Doesn’t Matter
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Degree Title: Business Administration
Career Level: Junior Level
Minimum Experience: 2 Years(Experience in Procurement)
Required Travel: Not Required
Work Permit: Pakistan
Apply By: Oct 27, 2014
Posted On: Oct 21, 2014
UN-Habitat renewed its presence in Pakistan in late 2005 following the devastating earthquake in the north of the country, facilitating the reconstruction of over 460,000 houses. In addition to the on-going projects in the field of slum improvements and water and sanitation in informal settlements with focus on gender mainstreaming, UN-Habitat Pakistan has been actively engaged in relief and emergency operations, in support of government institutions and partners, to provide assistance in flood-affected areas. It had very extensive programmes in 2010, 2011 and 2012, responding to the countrywide floods in those years. It has presently shelter, humanitarian water and sanitation responses in KP, FATA, Baluchistan and Sindh. Slum improvement interventions with an emphasis on WASH and community infrastructure are undertaking in Karachi and soon in Hyderabad, with the purpose to reduce the incidence of polio, including solid waste management. In addition, district-level vulnerability assessments are being done in Baluchistan and Sindh on DRR and resilience in the context of climate change. UN-Habitat has been supporting the association of municipal water and sanitation (WASA) operators, which have a secretariat in Punjab province. UN-Habitat has also been actively engaged in providing humanitarian support, through shelter, WASH and community infrastructure to Afghan refugees and ‘temporarily dislocated persons’/internally displaced people in KP and FATA. Finally, UN-Habitat is presently the convenor of Strategic Priority Area on DRR/DRM of the One-UN Pakistan Programme 2013-2017.
In line with the above, UN-Habitat Pakistan has been acquiring goods and services since 2005 for its emergency and development projects in Pakistan. Procurement records have been maintained by the procurement department as per audit requirements. In order to ensure completion of these records and enter current/fresh vendor details in the system, the services of a Data Entry Assistant are required to assist the procurement team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Manager, Procurement & Logistics and overall supervision of Country Programme Manager, the incumbent of the post will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
– Compile information on all files containing records of procurement of goods and services.
– Place relevant records in order as per solicitations conducted for year(s).
– Label such records for clear understanding of a particular procurement action.
– Review each file for any missing record(s) of a Purchase Order/Contract and note the details.
– Trace the missing documents from the available records or from finance records.
– Place the retrieved records/copies of the records in the relevant files and complete the series of POs/Contracts, etc.
– Enter data of these records in excel format.
– Review company profiles of vendors currently doing business with UN-Habitat Pakistan.
– Check the profiles for companies’ Registration/Tax/Product Certificates, etc.
– Check companies’ profiles on UNGM websites for their registration and capture proof for the record.
– Enter data of eligible companies in excel format.
– Any other task assigned by the supervisor related to procurement.
Required Qualification & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or Economics.
– Minimum 2 years relevant professional experience in procurement.
– Skills and experience in data entry and use of spreadsheets are required.
– Good knowledge of MS Office applications is an advantage.
– Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an advantage.
– Attention to details, resourceful and results- and client-oriented.
– Ability to work under pressure and difficult conditions.
– Ability of work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues.
– Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
– Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
– Displays culture, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
– Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
– Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to UN-Habitat practice areas and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN values and ethical standards.
– Proficiency in English is essential. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.