Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Development Chef is a very key position for Food Solutions Pakistan and is pivotol in taking forward the country’s chefmanship agneda and assisting cat-mix & channel team with projects where a chef’s input is required. This could be with reagrds to benchmarking of existing products against competition, it could also be for new product development and development of cutting guides and impactful selling stories for the trade and sales team.
Main purpose of the role:
1) Liaising with customers in continuous improvement of existing sku’s through product benchmarking exercises.
2) When required, document all work according to established procedures and guidelines and prepare or assist in preparing various project reports to project leaders to ensure complete communication of project status, progress, issues, solutions, timeline, and accountability.
3) Lead the UFS Chef of The Year initiative as part of the core project team.
4) Maintaining awareness of industry trends, consumer requirements and the availability of novel ingredients and processing aids.
5) Lead the country chefmanship agenda by supporting/leading trainings and quarterly evaluations
a) Assisting R&D and Cat-mix team with projects in the development of new products & existing product improvements
b) Effectively use enthusiasm, creativity, strong culinary skills and commercial acumen to actively sell the benefits and added value for each new product developed
c) Work with the team to ensure the delivery and successful start-ups of new products, product improvement, cost reduction, ingredient, formula or specification
d) Providing and ensure accurate collation of information towards ingredient, recipe and finished product costing and applications.
• Top class culinary skills
• Strong communications skills
• Strong presentation skills
Proficiency in MS Office. Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines
Minimum qualifications: Graduate
Other: Culinary degree/diploma/certificate
Key experience:10-15 years formal chef experience in the HoReCa sector
Having additional experience as a culinary instructor/teacher at an academy or school will be a bonus
Apply on Unilever Career Portal