Get Latest Jobs Via Email
UNICEF is seeking for hard working, self motivated, professionals, determined, dynamic and well disciplined staff for different vacant positions such as following.Kindly read carefully and apply in appropriate vacancies accordingly.
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Degree Title: University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education, Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or a field relevant to international development assistance. M.A. degree desirable. Knowledge of latest development and approaches to Basic Education.
PURPOSE OF THE POST: Under the general supervision of the Education Specialist, responsible for planning, implementation and evaluation of assigned programme/project(s) within the Education Sector.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collect and analyze data for Situation Analysis, programme/project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes, including Emergencies, for Education Sector. Keep track of new developments in UNICEF, UNJP/DAO for Education and Government of Sindh’s policies, as well as opportunities to extend these services. Analyze programme implementation reports and evaluate against established programme recommendations and plans of action. Prepare tables, graphs and other statistical data, inclusive of education indicators. Report outcome of analysis and propose corrective action.
2. Make regular contact with provincial and district Education officials in order to advocate UNICEF policy in Sindh on the concerns of improving education programmes for sustainability. Ensure the accurate and timely input of programme information in VISION as per Education Annual Work Plan/Multi-Year Work Plan and the issuance of status report for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
3. Undertake ongoing visits to UNICEF education related projects sites, assess local conditions and resources, and monitor United Nations Children’s Fund and UNJP/DAO inputs. Carry out results based monitoring in light of priorities as given in the Education related AWP and UNJP/DAO AWP, as well as remote programming of education in UNICEF assisted districts, as and when required. Communicate with local counterpart authorities and NGO partners on project/programme feasibility and effectiveness including monitoring the flow of supply and non-supply assistance.
4. Undertake follow-up action on programme implementation activities and give feedback and forward back to relevant persons. Draft changes in programme workplans as required.
5. Contribute to education related technical meetings with Government counterparts, Donors, UN Agencies and civil society organizations; prepare notes and undertake follow-up action related to assigned programme development, implementation and monitoring.
6. Assist in planning, costing, distribution and monitoring of usage of school supplies and project equipments related to Education programme.
7. Identify, compile and recommend appropriate Education related materials for training and orientation purposes for effective programme implementation, as well as develop briefs/documentation for donor and media visits.
8. Draft Project Cooperation Agreements (as per new CSO guidelines) and relevant sections of reports, i.e. required for funding proposals, progress updates for donors, management and annual reports related to Education and other reports, as and when required.
9. Assist in the evaluation and analysis of financial and supply reports including VISION to ensure appropriation of documentation, expenditures are within allotments, data is consistent with PIDB. Reports to the Supervisor the outcome of reviews.
Fluency in English required and knowledge of local working languages Urdu and Sindhi an asset.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [ II ]
• Working with People [ I ]
• Drive for Results [ I ]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
• Analyzing [ II]
• Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
• Learning and Researching [ II]
• Planning and Organizing [ II ]
iv) Technical Knowledge [ I ]
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required [ I ]
(Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.)
• Essential professional knowledge of Education/Basic Education programmes.
• Essential Technical Knowledge of theories, principles and methods in areas of: Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences.
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group) [ I ]
Knowledge of theories and practices in:
• Programme/project management in Education • Monitoring and Evaluation
• Training and Capacity Development in Education • Alternative Basic Education
• Curriculum Development • Knowledge Management
General knowledge of:
• Methodology of programme/project management
• Education Programmatic goals, policies and strategies
• Knowledge of global education issues, specifically relating to children and women
• UNICEF policies and strategy to address education issues, including: conflicts, natural disasters, and recovery.
• United Nations Children’s Fund financial, supply and administrative rules and regulations.
• Rights-based and Results-based programming in UNICEF.
• United Nations Children’s Fund programme policy, procedures and guidelines in the Manual.
• Mid-Term Strategic Plan
• United Nations Children’s Fund Board endorsed policy papers (e.g. The Education Strategy)
• Gender equality and diversity awareness
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job) [ I ]
• Government development plans and policies
• Knowledge of local conditions and country legislation relevant to UNICEF programmes
• UN policies and strategy to address international humanitarian issues and the responses.
• UN common approaches to programmatic issues and United Nations Children’s Fund positions
• UN security operations and guidelines.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.