UNDP Multiple Jobs April 2016: The United Nations Development Programme, the UN’s global development network, partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, we offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
The Early Recovery Programme Specialist will provide strategic guidance and support to the FATA Recovery Programme to ensure smooth implementation and coordination with other ongoing early recovery initiatives. The Programme Specialist will also provide support to the Country Office on early recovery assessments and programming in any other crisis situations which may arise. As such the Programme Specialist will work closely with all projects in the Crisis Prevention and Recovery Unit to ensure complementarity and consistency in UNDP’s Early Recovery approach.
As UNDP is the lead of the Community Restoration Cluster in Pakistan, the Programme Specialist will also provide strategic guidance to the National Cluster Coordinator and ensure complementarity and coordination with the Humanitarian Strategic Plan and in line with decisions of the Humanitarian Country Team.
While working under the overall guidance of CO Senior Management, the Programme Specialist will report to the Assistant Country Director, Crisis Prevention & Recovery and work in close coordination with the CPR team, the provincial governments and the humanitarian community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary Of Key Functions
- Provides advice and support to CPR team in strengthening programme quality for current early recovery interventions;
- Ensures the CPR team and the CO is prepared to respond better to disasters in its role in leading Early Recovery efforts;
- Leads resource mobilization for early recovery efforts;
- Facilitates knowledge management and learning in early recovery sector.
Provides Advice And Support To CPR Team In Strengthening Programme Quality For Early Recovery Interventions Focusing On The Following Results
- Quality assurance of ongoing early recovery initiatives, particularly those related to the complex emergency in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas;
- Guidance to the related project teams on how to use programming tools to improve the monitoring and evaluation of these early recovery initiatives;
- Programmatic advice on how to improve the approach to better meet the needs of the affected population.
Ensures The CPR Team And The CO Is Prepared To Respond Better To Disasters In Its Role In Leading Early Recovery Efforts Focusing On The Following Results
- Lead Early Recovery needs assessments in coordination with OCHA and other humanitarian and Government partners;
- Supervise the coordination of the Early Recovery sector/cluster in Pakistan;
- Provide quality feedback on all early recovery issues in humanitarian forums (including Inter Cluster Coordination Mechanism, National Humanitarian Coordination Mechanism and the Humanitarian Country Team).
Leads Resource Mobilization For Early Recovery Efforts Focusing On The Following Results
- Develop sound technical and financial proposals for future early recovery interventions
- Work closely with development partners to ensure that UNDP early recovery proposals are in line with their respective strategic plans and funding criteria
- Lead the interaction with development partners to present the proposals, follow-up during the approval stage and develop relevant partnership documents to finalize future contributions
- Support monitoring and reporting efforts to ensure quality and timely reporting to donors
Facilitates Knowledge Management And Learning In Early Recovery Efforts Focusing On The Following Results
- Consolidate progress, client feedback and impact of results to improve programming in the early recovery sector
- Provide frequent updates on international best practices in the area of early recovery policy and operations and suggest how these can be applied locally
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Impact Of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall success of the UNDP country programme and reaching the UN One Programme II goals. In particular, the key results have an impact on programme delivery (design, programming and operation), creation of strategic partnerships and reaching resource mobilization targets in the area of crisis prevention and early recovery.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources;
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery;
- Good knowledge of the Results Management Guide and Toolkit;
- Good ICT skills, knowledge of Atlas;
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Master’s degree in public policy, development, social sciences, conflict studies, disaster response or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in development and/or humanitarian fields related to community resilience, crisis response, early recovery, conflict and peace building;
- Knowledge of the Humanitarian System desirable;
- Knowledge of UN System and UNDP Policies and Procedures is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills. Apply
UNDP Multiple Jobs April 2016
- Dalda Foods Jobs AM Logistics
- Jobs In Warid