Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Job description: Provide legal support for Retail Clients, in particular, drafting legal documentation for Priority Segment, Integrated Distribution and Business Clients segment.
- Provide legal support for Retail Clients, in particular, drafting legal documentation for Priority Segment, Integrated Distribution and Business Clients segment.
- Provide assistance in legal, compliance and regulatory advice around retail product documentation, service level agreements and reviewing policies and procedures within Retail Clients Segment.
- Assist management in ensuring that Retail Clients Segment operates in accordance with all regulatory requirements and all Group standards relating to the Retail Clients Segment portfolio, so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the Bank with its regulators, and avoid significant financial loss or reputational damage.
- To proactively follow up and supervise court cases (cases filed by and against the bank) i.e. Recovery cases, damages cases, succession matters, constitutional/writ petitions & cases of all civil & criminal nature) in various courts including High Courts.
- To identify, assess, monitor, mitigate and report legal cases/risks in the consumer banking court cases.
- Provide support in highlighting risks for the L&C dashboards for presentation to business leaders.
- Provide assistance to select L&C or business initiatives in regions / countries where necessary.
- Support embedding of operational risk frameworks for Retail Client Segment.
- Assist in drafting or reviewing audit responses in relation to either global Retail Client Segment matters or, where required to support in-country teams and responses.
- Assist in preparing for regulatory inspections, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- A qualified lawyer in Pakistan (minimum LLB from a recognized university) and solid experience (5-8 years’ relevant practice) in legal, compliance and regulatory risk management
- Experience in banking or financial service industry.
- Good business acumen, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good understanding of key features of laws and regulations relevant to the Group, and best practices risk management techniques and frameworks.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is dd/mm/yyyy. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.