Get Latest Jobs Via Email
To enable seamless processing of employee’s exit from the Bank by facilitating efficient case management, better governance thereby providing a positive employee experience.
Delivering the highest standards of service in every customer interaction, ensuring an accurate, efficient resolution is provided to each query, through effective use of knowledge, processes and technology, in line with the AskHR People Charter
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Advises and guides managers and employees on HR policies, products and processes at the time of Exit.
* Carry out leaver’s interview to obtain feedback on their experience with the bank.
* Ensure Full and Final Settlement is completed and briefed to the employees.
* Ensure end to end leavers process is followed as per defined timelines and processes.
* Takes personal accountability for resolving Exit related queries and follows through to closure
* Build synergies and better coordination within the teams in HRSD that carries out the processes for an Employee Exit
* Develops a broad understanding of the bank, the geographies it operates in and the profile of the bank’s employees in order to better understand employee needs.
* Proactively escalates issues in a timely manner, where additional technical skills or authority are required, to ensure that queries are resolved within agreed timelines
* Takes initiative to continuously improve the knowledge management content, processes and usage so that content is easily accessible and readily available
* Identifies opportunities to improve HR products, processes, policies and ways of working by providing inputs to the AskHR knowledge management team, to ensure AskHR consistently provides accurate and reliable answers and solutions
* Provides inputs as requested for the root cause analysis to ensure a permanent fix is applied and prevent problem reoccurrence
* Takes ownership of personal development by seeking and responding to feedback on performance
* Proactively participates and leads personal development through formal and informal learning activities
* Delivers personal performance in line with the global performance management process to continually raises the bar on performance and takes ownership of personal development.
* Builds capability within AskHR by knowledge sharing of lessons learnt.
* Maintain data confidentiality; during every employee interaction ensures data is only disclosed to validated individuals and that any data disclosure complies with the bank’s data protection standards
* Stays vigilant, proactive, risk aware and operates within the bank’s risk management and compliance framework
* Manages risk with every employee interaction ensuring any advice provided is within the Bank’s guidelines
* Experience of operating within a HR operations or service delivery function
* Awareness of how AskHR works with the rest of HRSD and country HR teams to deliver services to employees and managers
* Cultural awareness that influences how HR operates in our different markets
* Knowledge of the Standard Chartered HR products, policies and processes and how to deliver and support them through AskHR.
* Knowledge of the AskHR Helpdesk and enabling processes
* Knowledge of the PeopleSoft HRMS and PeopleSoft Portal to support employees/ managers to resolve queries through self help
* Understands the SCB structure and brings awareness of the cultural, legal and risk factors that influence how HR operates in our different markets
* Understands the various Standard Chartered Bank businesses, structure and matrix organisation
* Applies judgment, within acceptable guidelines, to provide the most appropriate outcome to the employee or manager
* Manages challenging conversations over the phone
* Interprets employee needs accurately and in a holistic manner
* Seamlessly uses knowledge management resources to deliver tailored advice to employees/managers
* Identifies problems, gaps and complaints to propose process enhancements
* Influences employee behaviours to drive adoption of AskHR
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills, including active listening and effective questioning
* Actively listens and probes to solve the problem
* Interacts with employees in a pleasant and empathetic manner
* Goes the extra mile above and beyond the call of duty to resolve customer issues
* Relentless in raising the bar and driving continuous improvement
* Demonstrates agility and urgency in responding to employee needs
* Strong work orientation, and takes psychological ownership for follow through and closure to deliver on time every time
* Willingness to learn from colleagues and share best practices with peers
* Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required
* Thrives in a fast moving environment
* “Role models” the values, and demonstrates strong personal ethics in all decision making
* Demonstrates confidentiality about employee information and issues
* Ability to see the bigger picture and ensures the value of HR is delivered in every interaction
* Is courteous and demonstrates composure and balance while handling employee queries
* In built moral compass and ensures privacy and confidentiality
* Demonstrates composure and balance while interacting with an irate employee
Qualifications & Skills
* Graduate with 1-3 years of HR experience
* OR Post-graduate in HR with 3 years experience
* Experience of working as an HR generalist or specialist including practical experience of handling employee HR activities e.g. payroll, performance management etc.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 18/12/2014. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.