Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Job Details : Department: Standard Chartered Modarba Grade:G8 Reports To:Head Client Relationships – Lahore Location:Lahore
1. To develop new business and assist Relationship Manager/Senior Relationship Manager / Head CR – Lahore in developing new profitable business relationships & in Lahore & Central region. Customers comprise of MNCs, Local Corporates, and ME/SME/Commercial / CLS clients.
2. Achieve optimum utilization of approved lines, and maintain the required asset yield through marketing of SCM’s products (Ijara / Leasing & Diminishing Musharika etc).
3. To ensure portfolio compliance with the pre-defined parameters of SCM’s policy / Country Portfolio Standards.
4. Deposit mobilization (assisting the RM/SRM) under Certificate of Musharika (COM).
5. Credit risk review. Ensuring timely submission of credit reviews/ BCAs and full compliance with group guidelines for the relevant portfolio.
6. Monitoring of asset risk, monthly repayments and documentation discrepancies for the relevant portfolio.
7. Identify and develop cross-functional business opportunities.
8. To serve as a contact person for customers mapped to her for enquiries and problem solving for day-to-day business.
9. Contribute positively towards the overall business objectives of the team.
10. Natural progression to the RM Position depending upon performance
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Assist the team in establishing, developing and maintaining a portfolio of SCM clients within business unit’s target market, ensuring that new relationships or ongoing requirements of existing clients attain maximum revenue within acceptable risk profile requirements. Market to existing and potential clients the full complement of products and services offered by the Modaraba.
2. To assist in soliciting business from ME/SME/HNW Individuals under Commercial Leasing Scheme (CLS).
3. Prospecting HNW individuals and cash rich organizations to generate COMs.
4. Conduct detailed financial analysis of the client accounts and develop proposals within defined Group procedures that meet the client needs. Further adopts appropriate relationship management strategies to protect the Modaraba’s interests at all times, e.g., potential default, and to meet the clients’ expectations of the relationship.
5. Ensure timely submission of credit reviews / BCAs and full compliance with group guidelines. “Zero overdue” review position to be maintained. Ensure complete implementation of Group Operational Risk Policies and its components, in spirit and substance.
6. Ensuring portfolio compliance with Group Standards for both Credit and Audits. Minimum audit rating of ‘2’ to be achieved / maintained. No adverse comment or report on accounts managed, which is to be evaluated based “on no financial / reputational loss” to SCM.
7. Ensure that all related administrative functions, most importantly file maintenance, including regular asset inspections, risk trigger monitoring, call reports, periodic updates on financial performance of borrowers, are performed meticulously with an aim to be prepared for audit at all times.
8. Promote / develop SCM’s portfolio through inter-departmental linkages for effective cross sell to ensure implementation of ‘ONE BANK’ in referrals of Business deals / working relationships. Cross – selling of Group’s products through joint calling with Corporate Banking, Consumer Banking, Cash Management and Trade.
9. Contribute in the development of new products and revision of current business practices.
10. Assist Client Relationships team in all including administrative tasks at SCM, Lahore.
11. Contribute to the accomplishment of satisfactory audit rating for Credit & Marketing by the Group Audit via adopting a diligent approach for all the responsibilities / tasks.
12. Develop and foster close working relationships with existing internal & external customers.
13. Proactively process customer’s request for lease terminations, lease maturity, authority letters, NOC’s, balance confirmation, etc.
14. Preparation of all documents needed to meet regulatory, auditing and internal compliance requirements (eCDD, etc.)
15. To respond promptly and with a helpful attitude to customer enquiries or requests related to SCM products.
16. Ensuring that portfolio review/audit results in good ratings and nothing negative is highlighted in the accounts allocated.
Qualifications & Skills
1. Business or accounting related degree.
2. Minimum 1-2 years experience in a corporate / banking environment.
3. Sound understanding of lease structuring and Islamic finance products.
4. Good Credit appraisal and marketing skills, with the ability to interpret financial information.
5. A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment.
6. Good PC skills.
7. Good communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
The closing date for applications is 31/03/2015. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.