Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Manager Regulatory Reporting looking after: 1) Central bank Returns 2) Prudential Regulations calculations 3) Financial Statements (Local Statutory) 4) Quarterly, Half yearly and annual disclosures to shareholders and Board 5) Local Audit Committee and Board presentations on financials 6) Technical accounting on IFRS 2 and impairments and liaison with Group and KPMG 7) Coordination with local audit team and central bank inspection team for financials
* Regulatory Reporting (to Central Bank) and related matters;
* Statutory Reporting (to Board and shareholders) and related matters; and
* IFRS Reporting (to Group) and related matters.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Timely and accurate preparation of disclosures in the statutory financial statements;
* Timely and accurate preparation of various schedules related to Debt and Equity securities including IFRS 7 Disclosures;
* Timely and accurate preparation of Related Party return to State Bank of Pakistan on half yearly basis;
* To assist the Senior Manager Financial Reporting in all matters related to Regulatory Reporting, Statutory Reporting and IFRS Reporting.
* Preparation of Premises Rent related Service Level Agreements with all the subsidiaries on
* Review of Quarterly Report of Condition and ensuring timely and accurate reporting of same to State Bank.
* Assisting Senior Manager Finance in review and analysis of quarterly, half-yearly and annual statutory financial statements submitted to the Board of Directors and shareholders;
* Timely and accurate preparation of consolidated country management and statutory budgets and forecasts;
* Ensuring compliance with the IFRS compliant Group Financial Accounting Policies and Procedures (including Group specified General Ledger Reconciliation and Control Procedures) for IFRS reporting;
* Ensuring compliance with the Local Financial Accounting Policies that are in line with locally applicable IFRS and local regulations / laws / statutes;
* Facilitation of external and internal audits in so far as they relate to financial reporting and related matters;
* Facilitation of Central Bank inspection and routine enquiries in so far as they relate to financial reporting and related matters;
* Liaison with relevant departments / Group / Insurance Companies on matters relating to renewal of Insurance and payment of Premiums etc;
* Assist the CFO in the preparation of variance analysis of total cost and Payroll cost) for presentation to the Bank’s Management Committee (MANCOM) and Board of Directors.
* To report unit’s OR issues and losses to UORM
* To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
* Act as OR coordinator for the section
* To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
* To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
* To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
* To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
Qualifications and Skills
- MBA or Accountancy qualifications
- Requisite knowledge of business products, policies and procedures
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Background and understanding of financial accounting principles and concepts, IFRS, financial risk management / controls, reconciliations, compliance, etc.
- Good inter-personal skills
- A strong sense of responsibility, discipline, ideation and working under tight deadlines
How To Apply: You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Closing Dates: The closing date for applications is dd/mm/yyyy. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion: Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.Apply