Get Latest Jobs Via Email
We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
1. To provide an independent assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance of the Businesses and Functions in the country with laws, regulations and internal policies
2. To provide assessments on the state of controls within business units and country
3. To ensure local audit activities in the country are executed as required by local regulatory requirements and provide country management with assurance that local regulatory audit requirements as well as the expectations of the local regulator are fully met
4. To contribute towards a country risk assessments to enable the Senior Audit Manager to provide input to audit teams to determine their detailed audit plans
5. To contribute towards an anticipatory approach to risk assessment to Group Internal Audit (GIA) by highlighting issues through good stakeholder communication in order to improve audit planning
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Audit activity
* To contribute to the development of the overall GIA audit plan through input to Senior Audit Manager
* Implement the strategic audit plan by performing or supporting, as appropriate, the fieldwork and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed audit objectives to established audit standards and methodology.
* Execute the Audit Plan in a manner consistent with the Audit & Assurance methodologies and reporting results; and escalating exceptions
* Manage the timely execution of audits for the Country
* Where appropriate, ensure these plans are presented at Country Operational Risk Committee (CORC) or other relevant Committees / Forums on a regular basis
* Delivery of quality audit reports in a timely manner
* Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner
* Ensure Country Audit activity is sufficient to meet the requirements/expectations of local Regulators
* Tracking issue resolution, as required. Monitoring corrective action taken at Business and Function Unit Heads to resolve issues
* To assist the development and maintenance of Audit test programs that reflects current business organization and operating environment
* Participate in ad hoc assignments/ special projects within GIA/ Bank as may be assigned
2. Risk Assessment
* To develop a good understanding of business strategy, plans, products, processes performance, risks and issues, and communication of these to Senior Audit Manager / Head of Audit via risk-based assessments
* Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process
* Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit planning
* Monitor the implementation / delivery of the agreed audit plan for the country as assigned; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved
* Contribute towards the continuous monitoring and risks assessments in-country a regular basis
* Effective communication of audit findings and trends to key stakeholders
* Act as a brand ambassador for the Bank and GIA
* Demonstrate strong leadership and is able to effectively drive engagement of team members
* Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units for which incumbent has been assigned risk assessment responsibility
* Identify and recommend potential Guest Auditors
* Contribute towards effectively managing costs within agreed budget
* Effectiveness of and proactive contribution towards country risk assessments and audit planning.
* Timely execution of Country Audit Plans
* Quality of audit work, analysis on adequacy and effectiveness of controls, audit recommendations.
* Quality and timeliness of audit completion and reporting.
* Timely escalation of audit findings and past due audit issues.
* Effective engagement and good relationship with local regulators.
* Direct and provide guidance to team members in audits when assigned as team leader
* Identify key controls required for audits and reviews, assess and grade level of compliance to established key controls.
* Escalation both within the country and within function of issues of concern.
* Liason with local regulators and external auditors
Qualifications and Skills
* Recognised audit or accountancy qualification
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to gain the respect from their teams, peers, senior management and business stakeholders
* Able to lead and manage people effectively
* Confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues in a proactive and professional manner
* Possesses depth of post qualification experience of minimum 4 years
* Is self directed and able to work with minimum supervision, escalating issues in and appropriate and timely manner
How To Apply: You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Closing Dates: The closing date for applications is 27/11/2015. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion: Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential. Apply Now