Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Job Title: Senior Manager Guarantees – Trade Operations
Job Function: Technology & Operations
Location: Pakistan – SCB
Full/Part Time: Full time
To supervise the team and serve as primary contact person for internal and external customers in relation to Trade products. Candidate must be well versed with all trade products (like Guarantees, Imports LCs, Contract Registration, Import /Export Bills lodgment & payment, Advance Payments, ERF/FE25 Loans/ Islamic Products, scrutiny of shipping documents etc.). Responsible for the timely delivery and response of customer requests.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Supervise day to day processing & delivery of all trade services products related to the assigned team within the agreed service standard.
* Manage and administer the daily operations of the team with the aim to maximize the productivity of the team and ensure that efficient and high quality services are provided to our valued customers using a range of Import, Export and Guarantees products and services and in furtherance to achieve maximum profitability for the bank.
* Ensure compliance of all internal procedures and operations control for risk assessment and control.
* Ensure related approvals are in place for all trade transactions before authorizing the transactions in the system.
* Continuously upgrade the Quality Management System in the department.
* Maximize productivity and meet service standards at controlled cost levels.
* Set internal standards and procedures for bank, in line with development in International Trade.
* Assist Unit Manager, Trade in migrating trade practices and quality standards to and from other SCB branches.
* Sign the bank guarantee & authorize guarantee transactions as & when advised by the Unit Manager Trade Ops.
– Ensure submission of all internal and external returns as per respective deadlines.
– Responsible to remain a primary contact point with internal and external customer for service requirement, inquiries, instructions and transaction credit approvals.
– Responsible to keep close and cordial relationship with customer / RM in order to facilitate solutions to customer’s inquiries / problems and / or tailoring required for any specific customer request.
– Coordinate with RM/Customer for reviewing / meeting the agreed service standards with business divisions in line with changes.
* Up to 8 years of banking experience (Trade Finance specially), at least 4 years of which should be in managerial position
* Acceptable audit reports (internal / external / regulatory and group)
Qualifications & Skills
University Graduate. Other professional qualification would be an added asset.
Trade Services operational knowledge / experience is mandatory.
Knowledge of ICC Publications along with exchange control regulations is mandatory.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 07/11/2014. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.