Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Standard Chartered Bank is seeking for hard working, self motivated, professionals, determined, dynamic and well disciplined staff for different vacant positions such as following.Kindly read carefully and apply in appropriate vacancies accordingly.
* Understanding Business risk appetite through use of the Operational Risk Assessment Matrix, Authorities For Operational Risk Assessment & Acceptance Policy and the Risk Register
* Ensuring the new PPG / updated Country Addenda has incorporated all significant gross operational risks which are identified, assessed and monitored through the use of the Risk Registers and relevant documentation of end-to-end process
* Regularly assessing existing business key controls against the risk register to ensure the level of controls remains cost effective, efficient and relevant
* Ensuring compliance of AML, CDD policies & procedures in accordance with Group and Local Regulatory guidelines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Risk Identification
* Ensuring the risk identification, measurement and management process are all operating as part of BAU with regular update of Risk Profiles and reporting of exposures for acceptance at the appropriate governance level.
* Identifying Gross Operational risk exposures that are assessed by the PGCs and documenting them in the Risk Profiles.
* Risk Assessment and Measurement
* Performing risk assessment on a consistent basis, reflecting the scope and complexity of the operation.
* Risk Acceptance
* Following through the acceptance process to ensure risk acceptance at business unit level is complied with Authorities for Operational Risk Assessment & Acceptance Policy.
* Risk Monitoring
* Reviewing operational risk assessments and acceptance periodically to appropriately reflect changes in environment and the progress of the mitigation plans.
* Risk Reporting
* Present material risk issues in respective country risk forums and hold preliminary discussions with Process Owners and Risk Control Owners
* Contributing towards achieving no fail results on all audits and reviews undertaken by Group Internal Audit, Country Audit, regulators and external auditors.
* Functional knowledge
* Knowledge of Retail Clients products and Processes
* Relevant business/function experience in operations, business analysis or project management
* Clear understanding of the Bank’s Operational Risk Framework
* Sound judgment with critical thinking skills and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
* Strong analytical skills, detail-focused with the ability to interpret large amounts of information
* Leadership & People Management
* Problem solving skills with ability to influence at all levels of the business
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
* Risk & Governance
* Group guidelines, process and systems
* Client Experience Management
* Ensure compliance of AML, CDD policies & procedures in accordance with Group and Local Regulatory guidelines.
* Training and Development
* Conducting awareness sessions on Operational Risk and relevant topics
* Impart training and increase awareness of AML, CDD policies & procedures in accordance with Group and Local Regulatory guidelines.
* Engage in ongoing self-development and ensure participation in relevant trainings and related initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
* Graduate * Banking experience (2 to 3 years Operational Risk Experience) * Able to pick up new concepts quickly * Banking knowledge * Management Information Skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.