S&P Global Market Intelligence, is a division of McGraw Hill Financial. The firm is a leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities worldwide. S&P Global Market Intelligence integrates news, comprehensive market and sector-specific data and analytics into a variety of tools to help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk.
Responsible for accurate, complete, and timely collection of relevant data published in SNL products for the information tracked by the respective departments. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the information tracked by the respective departments.
Qualification: BBA & MBA Finance, BS A&F, M.Com and/or relevant experience required.
Shift: Primarily evening and night shift job.
What will be your day to day task?
- Capture comprehensive information on the data tracked by the respective department
- Monitoring and managing News Feedback ensures all client feedback is responded to appropriately
- Enter and resolve all external error cases
- Audit news errors
- Help copy desk manager update and clarify procedures. Analyze each error for procedural oversight
- Fill in as needed, or when available, on the Abstraction team, which handles news abstracts and relating of meta data to news articles
- Write abstracts for regulatory filings like 8-Ks, registration statements, non-timely filing notices etc
- Link data to news articles, such as capital offerings, deals, power plants and networks
- Review feedback on abstracts and tasks to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy
- Keep up-to-date in knowledge of content sets. Build industry knowledge
- Respond to queries and requests from various client departments to collect data in timely manner
- Update, maintain and run reports to generate useful audits for own department
- Provide input and ideas for new collection methods and product enhancements related to the covered content sets
- Review feedback involving their content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and reporting standards
- Troubleshoot problems or issues and provide meaningful feedback to co-workers
- Build and maintain relationships with contacts from other departments to actively track information on the covered content sets
In Order To Succeed, The Individual Should Have
- strong financial knowledge
- good team playing ability
- excellent communication skills
- positive work attitude
- critical thinking skills