Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Shell Jobs Category Manager : Shell The Convenience Retailing (CR) Category Manager is responsible for establishing the vision, strategy, key marketing tactics and upholding the relationship with leading product manufacturers for the assigned categories in support of the business sales and profitability target achievement. This purpose is fulfilled via close adherence to retailing category management planning and implementation principles thus allowing fact-based decision making regarding product mix, pricing, merchandising and promotions, grounded on market trends, consumer behavior, and the competitive environment of the marketplace.
- Owns the business deliverables assigned to the categories. Monitor and measure the category performance maintaining a proper balance between long-term view and business demands of the annual category plan.
- Further develop overall strategy for the assigned categories, in line with Retail direction and Convenience Retailing strategy.
- Development of profitable category business plans, covering Range, Promotions, Marketing and Merchandising concepts.
- Own relationships and negotiation of trading terms with leading FMCG manufacturers. Identify and implement synergies and optimization opportunities.
- Work in close collaboration with Contracting and Procurement in identifying synergy opportunities and incremental value to the business.
- Works with Site Operations to build the right skills/capabilities on site to deliver the category offering
Education & Experience: Graduate, preferably an MBA from a reputable institute having a clear understanding of Convenience Retailing business.
- 6-8 years of relavant professional experience.
- First-hand experience and understanding of fast moving consumer goods marketing with excellent negotiation skills and building supplier relationship.
- Strong understanding of retail fundamentals of buying, assorting, placement, merchandising and retail operational processes.
- Robust analytical skills with deep customer understanding and consumer led mindset.
- Manage time and stress decisively. Proven ability to not get sidetracked on issues that have no long-term value or immobilized by the pressure of breaking new ground and producing “quick wins.”
Skills: Roles within Convenience Retailing are challenging. The successful candidate needs to:
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors (This will be taken into account during the selection process).
- Be able to negotiate and leverage interpersonal skills.
- Develop productive relationship with key retail departments and multiple stakeholders.
- Work in close collaboration with agencies and external suppliers linked to key assigned activities.
- Ensure evolution to the business strategy.
- Support delivery of the agreed Targets & Resources plan – Financials and Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) targets. Apply Now
Shell Jobs Category Manager