Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Shell is a superior brand name with a history of more than 100 years in this region. The documented history of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group in the Indo-Pakistan subcontinent dates back to 1903 when a partnership was struck between The Shell Transport and Trading Company and the Royal Dutch Petroleum Company to supply petroleum products in Asia. In 1928, to enhance their distribution capabilities, the Royal Dutch/Shell Group and Burmah Oil Company Limited in India merged their marketing interests and the Burmah Shell Oil Storage Distribution and Storage Company of India was born. After the Independence of Pakistan in 1947, the name was changed to the Burmah Shell Oil Distribution Company of Pakistan. In 1970, when 51% of the share holding was transferred to Pakistani investors, the name of the company changed to Pakistan Burmah Shell (PBS) Limited. The Shell and Burmah group retained the remaining 49% in equal proportions. In 1993, as a result of the deregulation policy of the Government, as well as the decision by Burmah Oil to divest in Pakistan, the Shell Petroleum Company bought the shares of Burmah Oil Company and 2% shares from the market to become the major shareholder in Shell Pakistan Limited. In the year 2000, the Shell Petroleum Company Limited increased its shareholding to 59.7% followed by another increase in 2002, making the current holding 76.1%, which further demonstrated Shell’s continued confidence in the country’s overall economic progress and in the oil and gas sector.
Shell Pakistan is divided into 8 functional areas i.e. Retail, Lubricants, Aviation, Operations, Finance, Corporate, Human Resource and Commercial Fuels. Shell has been present in the Downstream sector for over 100 years and commands the best reputation and highest brand share of preference. The primary goal of the company is to position itself as the preferred oil company in Pakistan, leading the field in its commitment to safety, customer service quality and environmental protection.
Being at Shell Pakistan is about values. Our core values of honesty, integrity & respect for people are at the heart of the way we manage our business. These principles embody our commitment to society. At Shell Pakistan, we believe winning hearts and minds is as important as winning markets.
The future of Shell is inextricably linked to the future of Pakistan. Our commitment to society, its past and present, continues with the hope of securing a better future for all.
For more details on the company’s products and services, kindly visit www.shell.com.pk.
For Direct Business:
- Develop sales targets and marketing strategies for the assigned area with a view to improve market share and maximize gross margin generation.
- Visit customers to provide the appropriate level of service to existing and new customers with a focus on retaining/expanding existing business relationships.
- Develop, update, maintain and communicate the Key Account Plan and other sales first·
- Be responsible and proactive in HSSE issues that affect the individual, the office/field environment, customers and distributors
- Enforce HSSE plan in respective territories in line with regional HSSE plan·
- Keep Line Manager posted of new developments, competitor’s activities and market trends and to involve them in business negotiations in order to win over the business.
- Work proactively with Gladiatorial Standards and Enterprise 1st behaviours.
- Update and maintain SPANCOP and all other Sales 1st tools in line with the definitions and frequency prescribed through the GPA.
- Any special task assigned by line manager / functional manager to be delivered as per GPA / performance agreement.
For Indirect Business:
- Implement and maintain a sustainable Distributors network that complies with the Route to Market strategy in place (Profile, Contract, Resources, and Legal whilst keeping control of Channel Captaincy. Ensure all Distributors have appropriate and legal contracts and monitor resources allocation and performance against terms and conditions.
- Ensure that Distributors recruit, develop, motivate and retain a sales force that delivers sustainable performance and provide appropriate support.
- Ensure each Distributor is aligned in goal, capability, business focus and capital resources to maximize Shell business and agree a multi-yearly Business Plan that is fully aligned with Shell Marketing strategy and targets, and deliver activities that allow to deliver performance and to develop profitable and sustainable business for both Shell and Distributors.
- Agree, monitor and achieve targets using SLDP tools, for both new and existing Distributors and contribute to the overall team performance:- Financial performance indicators: Volume, Revenue, C3, Credit DSO and Controllable Costs- Sales Productivity performance indicators: Business Plan quality, SPANCOP pipeline Strength, Target Delivered, Hit Rate, Cycle Time, or Shell DRILL for B2C Customer Churn, Indirect Channel Efficiency, and Revenue and C3 per Distributor.
- Implement Shell Distributor Value Proposition (DVP) in order to increase Mind Share to Shell from Distributors such as:
- – Provide Sales Support by visiting Distributors key accounts and by engaging all functions in Shell that could help at delivering customer promise.
- Act as business consultant, to efficiently manage relations with the Distributors and to audit/improve financial performance ratios
- Deliver agreed marketing programs and materials to increase the value to Shell and Distributor through a range of cross-sell, up-sell and new-sell activities.
- Successfully migrate profitable accounts from Shell to Distributors control
- Ensure linkages with Marketing team by implementing Marketing Plan (CVP, Pricing, Brand & Communications campaigns) and by monitoring and reporting market trends and competition initiatives, strengths and weaknesses.
- Be responsible and proactive in HSE issues that affect the individual, the office/field environment and their Distributors and Customers.
- Candidate must possess at least a Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical), Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Karachi,Lahore & Faisalabad.
- Applicants should have work authorization(s) for Pakistan
- Preferably specializing in Commercial & Retail – Business to Business or equivalent.
- 4 Full-Time positions available.
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: Wednesday 13 February 2013
Number of Vacancies: 4