Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Job Description: Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 2 Years Fixed Term
The Role: As a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will be responsible for the timely and cost efficient implementation of the country programme as it relates to long term development in addition to the provision of effective and timely logistics services to the whole country programme.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Post graduate Master’s Degree on development or other social sciences and 10+ years management experience of running complex multi grant country programmes, exposure to different countries would be an advantage.
- A very good understanding of at least 3 of the sectorial programmes and a working knowledge of the Programme priorities.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g. USAID, SIDA and DIFD grants).
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children.
- Previous experience of managing
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.