Get Latest Jobs Via Email
We are looking for Graduate Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team in Lahore
Here at Qubit, we’re looking for people to be working on our Big Data platform that collects, stores and processes over 2 billion external api calls per day in real time, supporting business critical solutions for some of the world’s largest e-commerce companies from our offices in Soho.
We are constantly looking to push the boundaries of software engineering. For example, a core contributor of HBase said the way we process data couldn’t be done on HBase. We proved them wrong.
Our core systems include high performance, low latency HTTP services and frameworks, ETL systems with dynamic schema management, machine learning and categorization / AI, Hadoop / MapReduce based workflows, RBDMS (Postgres and MySQL) and Business Intelligence solutions.
We’ve developed and deployed a hybrid cloud (AWS and Google Cloud); a dedicated platform tuned for high bandwidth data flows. We primarily work in Java, Scala, Clojure, Python, R and C on Linux based systems, but we’re pretty agnostic.
So if you enjoy tackling challenges around scalability, security and stability, in a relaxed and friendly environment, using the best tools for the job then you should keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Platform engineers at Qubit work to solve hard technical problems: designing, building and enhancing our core large scale distributed data infrastructure system using everything from Java to Scala and Hadoop to HBase.
- We work in small, agile teams with comprehensive domain expertise and a culture that champions innovation and continuous improvement – we always welcome really curious people who want a job that is as close to real-world R&D as possible.
- Wherever possible, we have a policy of contributing back to the open source software that we use extensively at Qubit, as we believe the best work can come from collaboration.
Plenty of perks: As well as the opportunity to solve complex problems in this exciting new era of big data, here’s what we offer:
- Realistic performance related bonuses
- Generous equity options mean you’ll own a piece of the pie
- Excellent health and dental insurance packages
- A relaxed approach to time off and enough holidays to see several corners of the world
- Fridge fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate espresso machine for your java fix
- A competitive office where we play foosball, football, scrabble, go-karting… you name it, we’ll play it
- Thank Qubit it’s Friday – we have lots of creative ways to let off steam at the end of the week
- Plenty of opportunities for training and development
What You’ll Need
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree (or additional relevant experience)
- Experience with writing large complex systems in distributed teams (at least 3 years of experience for Senior role)
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable writing performant code in a typed language like C++, Java, C# or similar
- Be open to learning new tools and skills Apply