Get Latest Jobs Via Email
The Network Engineer will be a member of the Information Technology DC team and will report to the Manager Networks Central region . AM Networks LHR will be responsible for installation, configuration and management of all enterprise LAN/WAN data infrastructure. This includes routers, switches, security, access devices and network management/logging tools.
In addition, he/she will also be responsible for:
- Assisting in the implementation, and support of complex LAN/WAN solutions for projects across the enterprise IT network
- Assisting in LAN/WAN related additions and changes. This includes all hardware and software issues and ongoing administration of the internal network.
- Implementing all aspects of IT security policy.
- Maintaining accurate records of all maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the company’s data networks.
- Working with other IT team members to assess and solve all company-wide data network issues in Central region.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience supporting a complex data network environment supporting 24×7 mission criticalapplications and services
- Must be good in implementation, and management of medium to large-scale networks within an enterprise
- Strong knowledge of basic Networking protocols & standards (OSI model, TCP/IP addressing etc
- Must possess a good level of hands on experience in routing and switching.
- Experienced in configuring and troubleshooting internal and external routing protocols with special emphasis on OSPF, EIGRP & BGP.
- Experience on high end routers like Cisco ASR series/7600/7200/3600 series and switches like Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst 6500/4500 and Juniper M series routers, SSGs etc is required.
- Understanding of LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, vPC) and WAN (MPLS, ATM, ISDN, DSL, Frame Relay Leased Lines etc) technologies preferably with hands on experience of working on these technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of VLANs, Firewalls, IDS, IPSEC, SSL VPNs and Industry standard security best practices.
- Should be able to Implement and manage automated network management systems/logging tools for performance monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting, diagnosis and network fault resolution
- The ability to troubleshoot network system faults
- Ability to work effectively both as a member of a team and alone
- Commitment to work on a 24-hour on-call basis
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in implementing and maintaining TCP/IP networks using Cisco & Juniper routers and switches.
- Relevant Industry certifications preferably Cisco & Juniper