Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Pakistan 2025 One Nation – One Vision 5 Planning Commission Government of Pakistan :JOIN THE TEAM LEAD THE MISSION TO BUILD STRONG ECONOMY – STRONG PAKISTAN
Planning Commission of Pakistan entrusted with the task of overall development, planning and policy making of the country seeks to revitalize itself as a premier development think tank and policy advisor to the Government in key sectors of the economy backed by excellence in research and evidence based planning and responding to emerging challenges and needs in a globalized world. The Planning Commission invites top Pakistani talent to join its team for transforming Pakistan into an economically developed country. Planning Commission is seeking to appoint Member, Food Security & Climate Change for strengthening and building capacity of the Commission and invites applications from professionals / experts for the following position on highly competitive salary and benefits (MP-I Scale).
Member (Food Security & Climate Change)
QUALIFICATION : Minimum Masters Degree preferable Ph.D in the relevant field from nationally/internationally reputed and HEC recognized university with strong understanding of Agriculture Sector issues.
AGE LIMIT : Less than 65 years
REMUNERATION : Minimum of MP-I Scale with admissible allowances etc
TENURE : The initial contract shall be for a period of two years extendable on satisfactory performance as per requirement.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES :
• Minimum 15 years distinguished professional career at national/international level including 5-10 years of managerial experience at senior policy making level in the relevant field and having the expertise to lead/advise the planning and policy formulation & implementation process.
• Possess all round knowledge of policies and/or research relating to Agriculture, food security and climate change at the national and international level. • Demonstrates a track record of successful implementation of projects & programs in the relevant sector. • Verifiable experiences of Agro based industries development and creation of food chain.
• Knowledge of production & value addition of non-farm agro products and related industry
• Knowledge in the field of value addition of agricultural products.
• Exhibits proven capability in advising on food securities and climate change policy issues and developing strategies and ability to plan for development of the sector.
• Experience in building strong partnerships among federal, provincial and local governments as well as foreign countries and use experiences to the local setup development.
• Shows ability to deal with complex agriculture sector, food security and climate change issues, both systemically and creatively, making sound judgments.
• Demonstrative capability and knowledge of rural economy and vertical and horizontal linkages with the political and economic landscape of Pakistan.
• Capability of working with Donors/NGOs and other non-state stakeholders for gain synergy in Public Sector Programs.
Planning Commission. Ministry of Planning, Development & Reform Government of Pakistan Block “P”, Pak Secretariat, Islamalmd.Ph: 051-9204215, Fax: 051-9204089
Application along-with CV and testimonials, details of additional qualifications and experience may be sent at: [email protected] on the prescribed form available at: www.pc.gov.pkiprofessionals.html within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement