Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Job Description: Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Asia Education Division is made up of our publishing branches in India, Pakistan, Malaysia, and Hong Kong and provides educational resources in the region.
Reporting to the Divisional Compliance Officer, the Regional Security and Risk Manager will work closely with different departments in providing leadership in understanding and developing required support for OUP Pakistan operations in respect to the following key responsibilities.
- Developing Business Continuity Planning that is not just limited to major event but also reflective of regional circumstances
- OUP Pakistan Risk Management processes
- Ensuring OUP Pakistan security provisions proportionally match the requirements of an international organisation working throughout Pakistan.
- Providing oversight of IPR activities
- Determining Compliance programme effectiveness
- Directing Internal controls staff to maximise qualitative effectiveness as well as process
The above is required to be undertaken on an on going basis with continual development as external factors influence.
Desired Skills and Experience :The incumbent will be based in UAE – Dubai or Pakistan – Karachi and requires travel throughout country where needed. To be successful in this role you must:
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English, preferable Urdu speaker
- Have experience as a Risk and Security officer, preferable with risk management experience
- Have excellent organisational, project management and presentation skills
- Be able to work independently and open to teamwork
- Have a high motivation to achieve results
- Be willing and able to travel locally, nationally and internationally
A competitive remuneration and benefits package is available, based on skills and experience