Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
About the role
Reporting to the Managing Director of OUP Pakistan and based in Dubai, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the effective promotion of OUP Asia Education (AE) materials to educational institutes and distributors/trade in order to gain and maintain adoptions with a view to maximising business. Specific responsibilities include:-
- Planning visiting schedules to educational institutes (including school and college/university) and distributor/trade to ensure targeted and appropriate coverage and to maintain and gain adoptions and business.
- Giving gratis copies and catalogues/leaflets for promotional purposes to schools and colleges/universities and catalogues/leaflets to distributors/trade. Making presentations to enhance customer’s awareness on AE materials. Organising, arranging and attending presentations/workshops for teachers and principals through free-lance trainers in order to promote AE materials and to gain/maintain adoptions.
- Compiling detailed weekly visit reports to OUPP MD/AE Rep for CAMENA to provide feedback on AE materials acceptance and the effectiveness of promotional activities which coincide with the pre-set marketing strategies.
- Developing regular contact with schools, institutions and key individuals therein as well as the trade/distributors to secure adoptions, to maintain OUP AE profile and to ensure availability and usability of OUP AE product.
- Maintaining and increasing the existing database of schools, colleges, universities, distributors and trade. Providing the OUPP MD/AE Rep for CAMENA with thorough and up-to-date records of the database, in order to maximize its utilization.
- Coordinating activities with those of local distributors/agents/booksellers as appropriate to raise motivation and to ensure the most efficient supply and service possible to educational institutes and/or individuals.
- Undertaking relevant administrative tasks as necessary to ensure smooth-running of AE promotional activities.
- Developing a good understanding on OUP AE and competing product so as to ensure best-fit to customer needs and minimise competing adoptions.
- Maintaining storage and record of OUP AE sample copies and materials and catalogues/promotional materials for effective distribution to customers in order to gain adoptions/sales.
- Traveling to other states in the region to enhance OUP AE business.
- Performing all duties based on OUP’s Ethics, Compliance and Health and Safety policies.
- Participating in school conferences and representing AE interests at such events.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you are likely to have:-
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education qualification with significant and demonstrable experience of marketing and/or promoting of academic journals or online resources;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team player with excellent organisational abilities
- Results driven with focus on quality
- Organized, responsive and good team management
- Computer literate, especially in MS Office
- A full clean driving license