Get Latest Jobs Via Email
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN DEVELOPMENT: A leading nonprofit/non government organization working in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province is seeking the services of Research Expert to be based at Peshawar with frequent visits to program areas.
The candidate will be expected to;
• Working with the supervisory team, develop a rigorous methodology for evaluating the program using a ‘case tracking’ approach, incorporating both quantitative and qualitative elements, a control group and a longitudinal approach.
• Piloting the methodology.
• Engaging in extensive fieldwork on conflict resolution, through interviews and participant observation on handling of conflicts and grievances as well as, possibly, the designing and execution of a survey.
• Oversee project management and financial reporting, as well as guide and oversee research activities of assistant researchers.
• Producing a comprehensive, publishable report on legal empowerment and dispute resolution in field areas following on from the baseline report of 2014, as well as intermediary reports and articles.
• Design and plan the logistical arrangements for carrying out the research.
• Oversee project management.
• Provide leadership to the team of research assistants to design and administer data collection, including undertaking data collection directly.
• Oversee the work of the research assistants in the field, including monitoring and assessing quality control. Track down survey participants where necessary.
• Organize for data entry and oversee to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Lead all data cleaning and data analysis.
• Research Team Leader is expected to take the lead on all field activities and reporting on all field activities. • Ensure maintenance of complete and up-to-date files in paper and electronic format.
• Report any and all problems in the field, as well as any other information that may be requested, to the supervisory team or a designated member of the team, immediately, during the course of the fieldwork.
• Provide the supervisory team a monthly report on activities in an assigned format.
• Share fortnightly updates with at least one member of the supervisory team. Direct the work of the staff working on the project.
Education & Experience;
• Master degree in social sciences, law, and anthropology with 6 years relevant experience.
• Excellent analytical skills and a proven capacity to turn research material into well-written. concise English-language reports.
• Excellent social skills and the capacity to build a social network and inspire trust and gather information among different people.
• Capacity to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Good management skills and the capacity to lead a small research team.
• A capacity to reflect analytically on the forces shaping the lives of oneself and others.
• Preferably, having experience in doing fieldwork research in difficult circumstances on topics related to this research project.
We equal opportunity employer and offer competitive salary and good working environment. Candidates meeting the above criteria must apply till November 6th 2014 to Post Box No. 220 Peshawar. Only short listed candidates will be called for interviews and no TA/DA is admissible..