Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Government of Pakistan MINISTRY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT & TELECOM DIVISION) JOB OPPORTUNITIES In Ministry of Information Technology
Ministry of Information Technology invites application from dynamic professionals for the post of Member (IT) (MP-I) as per details given below. QUALIFICATION: Master Degree in Computer Science or any discipline related to information Technology from a reputable accredited local or foreign University. Candidates with MBA Degree and Project Management Certification will be preferred.
EXPERIENCE I SKILLS:
The Candidate should have a minimum of 12- years diverse IT industry experience, including, at least 5- years at a senior management level successfully leading and implementing IT Strategy /Policy and IT programs / projects and in complex technical environments. Dynamic, proactive candidate with a proven track record of managing an ICT function within a large ICT strategy consultancy or IT / telecommunications service provider, or OSS/BSS vendor will be preferred. A Successful track record of initiating and supporting large-scale organizational change would be a distinct bonus. The candidate must have the capacity for developing a vision of how ICT transform cross-Sector Socio-economic development and e — Government services to improve government efficiency and quality of life of citizens. Candidates need to have strong visionary, planning and administration skills to evaluate national needs, shape future strategy & policy and embed a transformational change in the delivery ofAccelerated Digitization. To help efficiently deliver Accelerated Digitization, candidates will be expected to demonstrate in – depth understanding of state -of- the-art and emerging ICTs, strong analytical, project management and business process re-engineering experience. The candidates experience should include hands on hybrid project management practices, including waterfall and Agile/Scrum, enterprise applications development, networking & server technologies, standards & interfaces and open source systems. Effective team leadership and management experience and excellent written communication, negotiation and relationship building skills and the ability to interact with and manage diverse stakeholders, including various Federal Government departments, are mandatory.
The potential candidate is expected to:-
• Lead the overall preparation and revision of the IT Policy and other strategic documents pertaining to the National IT Program.
• Assist the Ministry in developing a vision for an E-Governemnt Services Ecosystem, that promotes Cloud, Open Source and Reusability, for the cost & efficient delivery of e-Governance programs and Accelerated Digitization of the Federal Ministry / Divisions.
• Assist the Ministry in developing a vision for a national R&I Ecosystem for the cost-effecitve & efficient delivery or entrepreneurial & collaborative innovation in the field of IT that delivers benefit to both the IT and other export sectors.
• Assist the Ministry in developing a vision for holistic Technology Parks and Technology Incubators to fully exploit IT both as an economic sector in its own right and as an enabler of broad cross- sector economic development.
• Coordinate with the executing agencies of the Ministry in developing and evaluating proposals and plans including those pertaining to cooperation / partnership with other countries and donor agencies.
• Evaluate proposals and conduct analysis and studies on diverse topics pertaining to the IT industry . Therefore, the candidate must also be technically proficient to deal with hardware, networking to software applications and business processes, databases and standards.
• Monitor & report IT projects funded by the Ministry to ensure they deliver timely and optional socio – economic benefit.
• Articulate and develop support for the E-Government program at the senior-leadership level throughout the Government.
• Proactively identity areas where IT interventions can be helpful and to strategize measures for their automation through business Process Re-engineering (BPR).
• Manage a small but highly talented team of IT professionals such that the throughput is maximized to ensure sustainable and accelerated digitization.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual development budget of the IT Ministry,
• Handle inter-ministerial cases requiring technical assistance, participate on task forces and working groups and review meeting as and when necessary.
UPPER AGE LIMIT : Maximum 45 Years
PAY PACKAGE & FACILITIES: MP-I Rs.263,000-20,000-324,000 with house rent allowance(Rs.101,000-142,000), Utilities Allowance (Rs.13,100-16,200), Rs.95,910/- for Conveyance allowance, Medical and other allied facilities as admissible under the Government Rules. No other benefit of any kind would be admissible or will be considered over and above the salary package under reference. In Case of selection, the candidates working in Government Departments, autonomous / Semi-autonomous bodies will have to either resign from their posts or to seek retirement before joining their new assignment. Candidates possessing the required qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply along with a copy of their recent passport size photograph on the following address within Fifteen (15) days of publication of this advertisement. Incomplete applications will not be entertained. NOC from present employer in case of Government servants is mandatory. PERIOD OF CONTRACT: Two Years
CVs: Candidates meeting the above criteria should submit their applications online at the following web link and also provide hard copies of the requisite degrees / certificates which have been duly verified by the respective board / university / institutions and HEC. The copies of the said documents may also be provided via e —mail ([email protected]): http://www.moit.gov.pk/jobs
(Ishfaq Ahmad Hiraj) Section Officer (Admn) Ministry of Information Technology (IT & Telecom Division) 4th Floor, Evacuee Trust Complex, Agha Khan Road, F-5/1, Islamabad Ph: 051-9209785